Re: [thewire] hooks

  • suhrid manchanda
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2000
      shucks chux, thanks for livening things up a bit...

      >Beatles
      who the fuck are they?

      >If this is right, then in a sense this is the trick that 'pop music' >plays
      >on us.

      i'm not sure if that's how i would refer to it. i listen to a lot of pop
      music and dig it immensely. actually i'm quite sure that the entire new/old
      aesthetic configuring process goes on when you hear any kind of music, as
      well the stuff that gets written about in the wire. and god damn it a lot of
      the stuff that gets written about in the wire is or was pop at some time or
      some place (e.g. Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno, Fela Kuti) and for all we know,
      might become pop sometime? imagine that? how would you react if you saw a 12
      year old with a Merzbow baseball cap?

      peace, have a rockin' weekend all!
      suhrid.