Re: Wire Tapper Cd

  • Anna Clare McDuff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 1998
      On Wed, 27 May 1998, Kael Driscoll wrote:

      > also, when i first joined, I sent this, but received no replies... anyone
      > want to comment now :)
      >
      > >I was wondering if anyone has heard the (latest?) Wire CD with the track
      > featuring DJ Food vs David Byrne???? It sounds fascinating, but of course
      > the CD is not avaliable in australia... any reviewers out there?
      > >cheers
      > >kael

      Its OK... that may not sound like much of an endorsement, but if I
      tell you that, as a general rule, I *really* don't like David Byrne's
      music, you can understand that it must have something going for it...;-)
      Admittedly, I prefer the DJ Food bits to the David Byrne bits, but still.
      It was a nice surprise! I like having my predjudices challenged...Its very
      slow, and slightly disjointed, while still being quite melodic...hazy
      summer music, in short.

      Anna