R: re: mego site

  • r e b o o t
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2000
      > From: Oeivind Idsoe <ezueled@...>
      >
      > Maxwell A. Croy wrote:
      >
      > > How does one view or download anything meanigful from www.fals.ch?
      > > I'm having trouble navigating the site...in addition, messages like
      > > 'reload till your finger bleeds' or 'i finally confirm that everything
      > > which has to do with writing soundfiles is broken' are rather
      uninspiring.
      > > Am I, the consumer, the butt of a cruel Mego joke?
      >
      > At the moment Falsch is one chaotic site, yes, but I don�t think it�s
      > finished yet. It can�t be. Also, I�ve been informed the Mego crew is
      touring
      > Australia as of right now, which probably means they are more busy trying
      > avoid hitting cangaroos and fighting off excessive heat than fixing the
      > obvious server problems.
      >
      > Guess we�ll have to wait. The Internet may be more or less immediate in
      idea,
      > but not so much so in execution.
      >
      > /Oeivind/

      this morning it didn't work at all.
      tonight it's looking good. (and downloading fine)

      cheers

      phonk
      http://www.mp3.com/megaphonk
      http://www.geocities.com/f-l-i-x-o
    • Davis Ford
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2000
        Unfortunately no anon FTP access to the silverserver, but try this link
        http://www.silverserver.co.at/real_data

        if you don't want to wade through the fals.ch site. Most of the mp3
        tracks are served from this machine anyway.

        Davis
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2000
          > From: Davis Ford <forddavi@...>
          >
          > Unfortunately no anon FTP access to the silverserver, but try this link
          > http://www.silverserver.co.at/real_data
          >
          > if you don't want to wade through the fals.ch site. Most of the mp3
          > tracks are served from this machine anyway.
          >
          > Davis

          I noticed that the Z Karkowski material is different here from that at the
          falsch site...a series of short (even by microwave standards) noises and
          test-tones that sound as if they may be the source material for his 2 tracks
          at falsch...

          Paul