(unknown)

  • Ashley Spradlin
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2000
      I finally have a cd burner and am looking to do some trading. Following is a
      list of stuff I am looking for. Please email me off list letting me know
      what you have so I can send you a list of what I have. Okay, some stuff I
      am looking for:

      Air * Premiers Symptomes
      Bonnie Prince Billy * I See A Darkness
      Can * Tago Mago
      Kit Clayton * Nek Sanalet
      Loren Mazzacane Connors * Airs
      Do Make Say Think * Do Make Say Think
      Nick Drake * Five Leaves Left
      Duke Ellington * Anatomy Of A Murder
      Faust * Faust IV
      Flanger * Templates
      Four Hero * Two Pages
      French Dub Connection / Various * French Dub Connection / Various
      Henry Cow * Unrest
      Hrvatski * Oiseaux 96-98
      Isotope 217 * Utonian Automatic
      Krzysztof Komeda * Polish Jazz V.3
      Kruder & Dorfmeister * Sessions
      Labradford * E Luxo So
      Lambchop * What Another Man Spills
      Lithops * Uni Umit
      Low * Secret Name
      Monolake * Interstate
      Will Oldham * Black/Rich Music
      Pan American * Pan American
      Pan Sonic * A
      Papa M * Live From A Shark Cage
      Brendan Perry * Eye Of The Hunter
      Pita * Ri Ci Cle Kunstradio
      Pole * 2 Ep
      Porter Ricks * Biokinetics
      Super Collider * Head On
      David Sylvian * Dead Bees On A Cake
      Nobukazu Takemura * Scope
      Tricolor * Mirth & Feckless
      Mick Turner * Marlan Rosa
      VA-Crooklyn Dub Consortium * Vol. 2-Certified Dope
      VA-Modulation & Transformation * Vol. 3-Modulation & Transforma
      VA-Modulation & Transformation * Vol. 4-Modulation & Transforma

      Thanks in advance. . .

    • Mitch Cunningham
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4, 2000
        Hi All,

        Discs for trade:

        Avant-Jazz-freeimprov-postmodern-pastiche-etc

        Reggie Workman - Cerebral Caverns (Postcards)
        (w. Gerry Hemingway, Geri Allen etc)

        Borah Bergman/Roscoe Mitchell - First Meeting (Knitting Factory Works)

        Bobby Previte - Claude's Late Morning (Grammavision) (Ray Anderson,
        Horvitz, Frisell etc)
        - Latin for Travellers (Enja)

        - Downtown Lullaby (Depth of Field) (Zorn, Horvitz, Sharp)

        Elliot Sharp - Tectonics (KFW)

        Masada - Alef (DIW)

        Zorn - Big Gundown (Nonesuch)

        Zorn's Cobra - Tokyo Operations '96 (Avant)

        Zorn/George Lewis/Frisell - News for Lulu (hat ART)

        Marc Ribot - Y Los Cubanos Postizos (Atlantic)

        Bill Frisell - Good Dog Happy Man (Nonesuch)
        - Have a Little Faith (Nonesuch)

        Arcana - The Last Wave (DIW) (Laswell/Bailey/Tony Williams)

        Laswell/Davis - Panthalassa

        Dewey Redman/Cecil Taylor/Elvin Jones - Momentum Space (Verve)

        Cecil Taylor - In Fluorescence (William Parker)

        Collective 4tet- Orca (Leo) (William Parker)

        Ivo Perelman - Sad Life (Leo) (William Parker)

        Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble - Towards the Margins (ECM)

        David S. Ware - Go See the World - (Columbia) (William Parker/Susie
        Ibarra/Matt Shipp)

        James Newton - Axum (ECM)

        Live at the Knitting Factory Vol 2 - (KFW)

        Vinicius Cantuaria - Tucuma (Verve) (Joey Baron, Erik Friedlander etc)

        Amina Claudine Myers - salutes Bessie Smith (Leo)

        Universal Sounds of America (Pharaoh Sanders/Sun Ra/Art Ensemble of Chicago
        etc..) (Soul Jazz Records)

        Harriet Tubman - I am a Man (KFW)

        Bernie Worrell - The Other Side (CMP)

        Georg Graewe - subsymbolism (nuscope)

        Marilyn Crispell - Nothing ever was, anyway (ECM)

        Ikue Mori - Garden (Tzadik)

        Thomas Chapin - Sky Piece (KFW)
        - Menagerie Dreams (KFW)

        Joe Maneri Qtet - Get Ready to Receive Yourself (Leo)

        Max Nagl - Daily Bullet (Leo)

        Sainkho Namchylak - Letters (Leo)

        Clusone 3 - Rara Avis (hatOLOGY) (Bennink, Moore +??)

        Han Bennink & Dave Douglas - Serpentine (SOnglines)

        Anthony Braxton Qtet - Coventry (1985) (Leo) (Crispell, Hemmingway, Dresser)

        I'm looking to trade for

        - Leo
        - hatOLOGY
        - eremite
        - Indian music (subcontinental that is...)
        - anything from wire Rewind '99 electronica, global, improv, jazz and low
        end categories or related

        Big volume trades are preferable as the postage from here in Australia to
        Europe/US is pretty steep,
      • Mitch Cunningham
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4, 2000
          Hi again,

          Second and final post:

          I broadcast an avant-jazz/free-improv program on Brisbane FM station 4MBS
          103.7 Thursdays from 10:30 to midnight. It's basically the only program of
          it's type available to Brisbane listeners of which there are potentially
          about a million. The program has been running for around twelve months now
          and has a good following.

          What I am looking for is sample discs/DATS/whatever to broadcast.

          If anyone out there is interested please get in touch off list and I can
          provide further details...

          Thanks

        • Ignaz Schick
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 23, 2000
            AVAILABLE NOW:
            +++7 " EP PERLON - The bad Alchemy Pieces

            +++Magazine BAD ALCHEMY No. 35 + 7" EP PERLON

            PERLON
            Ignaz Schick (electronics)
            Joerg Maria Zeger (guitars)
            Burkhard Beins (percussion)

            On Tour
            26.02. BERLIN//BASTARD
            + DJ Anna

            02.03. POTSDAM//FABRIK

            09.03. MUNICH//CLUB 2

            10.03. PASSAU//ZEUGHAUS

            12.03. W�RZBURG//GALERIE 03

            A review by Richard Sanderson:

            "I grew up in Teesside in the North East of England. The area probably has
            the highest density of industry in Europe, over a hundred square miles
            ofsteel works and chemical works. At night flare-stacks blow gigantic
            flames into the pale sodium orange sky. At night, when the towns grow quiet
            the sound of industry floats over the sleeping estates, and seeps into your
            unconscious. For those of us from the area, the film "Eraserhead" had an
            impact, as did the concept of "industrial music" (but the horrible
            proto-goth results always missed the point), but Perlon's music actually
            makes me feel homesick.
            The trio advise us, in true rock fashion, to play their music loud; by all
            means try it, there are some levels to the music that are probably only
            reached by coruscating volume. However, I'd also like to respectfully
            suggest that you also try it at low volume, artificially low- quieter than
            Beins' arcane percussion or Zeger's feedback could ever be in reality. At
            this level the music seems to take on a microscopic life of its own, the
            already fabulously integrated sound of the group becomes a single working
            entity. Imagine putting your ear to the bottle city in "Superman"- it would
            sound something like this.
            The music is like a concentrated day, a series of unfolding events with
            Schick's astute use of electronics subtly shaping the pieces, through
            repetitive urgency to a resonant pastorality incorporating some pleasant
            finger picked guitar which emerges out of the drones and clicks so slowly
            you only really become aware of it as the piece ends.
            The record reminds me of the noise infested sleep of my youth. We were
            never alienated by the industry - far from being ugly, at night it has a
            sparkling crystalline beauty of such immensity that it takes your breath
            away. This music gets close to capturing it."

            For more Information:
            http://www.zangimusic.de

            or directly order at:
            mailto:info@...

            Also available now:

            CD PERLON - Perlon (Zarek 01)
            CD IGNAZ SCHICK - Tabit (Zarek 02)
            2CD DECOLLAGE 3 - Live (Zarek 03/04)

            and many more
          • Keith McColl
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 20, 2000
              'other music' of 5th avenue diagonally opposite huge tower on 5th avenue
              'kims music' in lower east village on bleeker street
              good techno shop on ave of americas 'sky jungle' or sommit like that - its a
              label - one of the madmen on list shall tell you - they put out a 12 by dj
              soulslinger - lots of other releases as well - its shit clubwear on ground
              level + then all electronic shit below

              ************I'M A BROKE DOWN MAN WITH A BUSTED HEART***********
              Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual, not the
              company unless specifically indicated to that effect. This e-mail and any
              attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended
              recipient. If you are not the intended recipient we apologise for any
              inconvenience. Please return to the sender. Any use or copying of this
              e-mail or attachments is strictly prohibited

            • jamello@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 20, 2000
                'other music' of 5th avenue diagonally opposite huge tower on 5th avenue
                'kims music' in lower east village on bleeker street
                good techno shop on ave of americas 'sky jungle' or sommit like that - its a
                label - one of the madmen on list shall tell you - they put out a 12 by dj
                soulslinger - lots of other releases as well - its shit clubwear on ground
                level + then all electronic shit below
                -------------
                Obviously our friend here hasn't been shopping in a while. Other Music is on East 4th St near Lafayette St, across from the Tower at 4th/Broadway. The better Kim's store -- Mondo Kim's -- is on St. Mark's Place between 2nd-3rd Aves in the East Village. And "Sky Liquid" -- better known to the rest of the world as Liquid Sky -- closed about two years ago. The record store that was in the downstairs -- Temple Records, run by Khan -- relocated to Avenue B between 2nd-3rd Sts. in the East Village.

                Excellent techno 12" selection at Sonic Groove (run by DJs Frankie Bones and Adam X, on Carmine St. west of Bleecker St. in the West Village), best jungle/d'n b at Breakbeat Science (9th St. bet. 2nd-3rd Ave.)
              • Kraig Grady
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 2 1:32 AM
                  Carmella!
                  It takes a big person to admit ones mistakes, even harder in front
                  of so many people. I can only congratulate you and hope that you will
                  stay on the list. You serve as a great example to us all. I t would be
                  hard for me to do what you have done here.

                  To all!
                  I for one was in the "process of taking care of it " so I ask the
                  list to give me a little time to take care of such things. If i miss
                  something please contact me directly.
                  After Thoreau, I have taken the motto," The moderator who does the
                  best, does the least." but i don't take it to really mean "doing
                  nothing" all together. Although that could be the goal.
                  Moderator 0.5

                  Carmella San Rio wrote:

                  > I'm sorry for everyone that is sick of this subject. Just like Joan's
                  > last email, this is the last email you will see from me.
                  >
                  > I must apologize. My post to the recipient list of the original email
                  > was just as bad as the original post. I did receive some praise, but
                  > just as many criticisms. After reading Joan's reply, I realized that
                  > she was acting in good faith, not as a wild spammer. It's hard to tell
                  > sometimes.
                  >
                  > For the record, I never said people should send her viruses or threats
                  > and I wouldn't ever condone doing so. I only posted the email
                  > addresses that are publicly available on Sonic Wave's web site.
                  >
                  > Just like many of you, I get lots of spam email every day. I guess I
                  > was really sick of it when I received Joan's post and got a little
                  > crazy. I hope she and the lists involved will accept my apologies.
                  >
                  > I was given some advice by a list member on one of the lists. Next
                  > time, if some spam comes through, just go to www.spamcop.net and
                  > report it. Good advice, and I will follow it next time my blood gets
                  > hot.
                  >
                  > In closing, I want to personally apologize to Joan for any trouble
                  > I've caused.
                  >
                  > Carmella

                  -- Kraig Grady
                  North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
                  http://www.anaphoria.com

                  The Wandering Medicine Show
                  Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm
                • jamello@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 7, 2001
                    Thanks for the intro, kid. we spend most of our time on this list discussing how to play music on veggies and debating the social implications of "glitch versus click-hop." Enjoy.

                    <<hey kids,

                    <<i'm brand spankin' new here, just wanted to say hi. a
                    little intro to me, i'm 20, from nyc, going to school,
                    chasing ladies, you know. lemme know a little
                    something about you guys.

                    <<later,
                    <<kidamerica2000
                  • er...
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 24, 2002
                      Drop a line to Steven Joerg at AUM Fidelity (stevenj@...) or David at Thirsty Ear (david@...).

                      David in particular was very helpful in setting up an interview w/ Shipp for me earlier this year.

                      ...russ...

                      Man, I can't wait to see how Grady and Diskono tear this post up.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 29, 2002
                        russ,

                        i got an interview with matt shipp and another perhaps with william parker.
                        thanks again for the email address. the radio show is set for saturday,
                        august 17, 7-10 pm. if you want to listen you can go to wprb.com at that
                        time and click the 'listen now' button. you've been a great help.

                        john

                      • alex@astone.u-net.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 30, 2002
                          Heard a track played at WOMAD which was apparently the Kronos Quartet with
                          a singer who might have been Indian or North African (sorry for vagueness,
                          I was ver ver drunk).

                          Anyone know what this might have been? I want.
                        • Gwendal Cobert
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 30, 2002
                            I think it is an African : they recorded a whole album of compositions
                            inspired by African music, with African musicians. "Pieces of Africa". One
                            of my Kronos favorites BTW :-)

                            Gwendal

                          • luka zagoricnik
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 17 4:30 AM
                              Hello!

                              I would also think positive of Laswell's contribution to early recordings of
                              Massacre and the ark ambiental reworks of Painkillers trash jazz brought
                              into perverse stoned dub...
                              (Maybe also Purple Trap w Haino & Rashied Ali on Tzadik, although Lawell is
                              the weekest part of it. And his statments over his big ego producer work on
                              Fela Kuti said just enough: he doesn't even get the point of Fela's music!)
                              best LukaZ