Re: sound advice

  • Keith Hawley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 1999
      >> im in need of a portable machine for grabbing,
      >> storing and bodging around with digital sound.
      >> Presumably i need a dat recorder...
      >...........................I ended up buying a minidisc
      >recorder (Sony RZ-55), and I have to say, it has been great.

      i bought a minidisc recorder too, as i couldn't afford a portable DAT.
      have been very pleased with the results....

      (it's a step down from DAT quality naturally, but quite useable, and WELL
      above cassette that i used previously!)

      BUT - get a good microphone too!!!!!
      i spent about the same on microphone as i did on the MD (~�130)

      if you really do have 600 quid to spend , there's some excellent deals
      going about less than that (eg. turnkey, soho):
      i'd recommend the Sony TCD-7 (?) which i used to use at work and was
      excellent...

      -- keith@... --