on non-English languages

  • luce79
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 1999
      Dear list,

      Sorry to forget about Portugal. I soon as I finished writing I
      remembered all the times I played in Lisbon and POrto, and then I
      remembered that Brazil is HUGE!!!

      > Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:42:31 -0800 (PST)
      > From: DeeDee <deedee_523@...>
      >Subject: RE: on the German language (and French and Italian and
      >Spanish etc...)
      >
      >So, I agree, feel free to write in another language, if you don�t mind
      >90% of the listmembers being unable to understand a word you�re saying.
      >DeeDee

      DeeDee has a good point.

      I belong to another onelist that is bilingual, it is primarily
      French, but we usually do quick translations (however bad) into
      English for our American friends (the English, Scottish and Welsh of
      course know how to speak French already, thanks to eurostar!)...

      While I respect anyone's right to post in an EC language on this
      list, I guess I finally do agree with DeeDee and Gwendal that it
      would be probably better to do a quick summary in English, since this
      seems to be most people's 2nd language of choice, if assured
      comprehension by non-EC language speakers is desired.

      At 8:04 +0000 28/11/99, Oeivind Idsoe wrote:
      >Da er det sannelig greit at vi innf�rer norsk her ogs�. Det finnes bare et
      >ekstremt mindretall som snakker dette spr�ket, men hvis denne listen er en
      >minoritetskamp synes jeg det er OK at vi kaster inn litt virkelig exotica her.

      And the same to YOU, buddy!!! And DOUBLE!!!!!

      ;-)

      amities,

      luce79

      email: luce79@...