Music from Mills?

  • Michael Lintner
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
      Was that it: "Music from Mills"... that someone mentioned a while ago?
      ...with a description that made me think I might need this. But I've had no
      luck tracking it down. Is this some obscure 20 year old vinyl-only
      thing....

      Any suggestions appreciated.

      Thanks.

      ML
    • DeeDee
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
        > Was that it: "Music from Mills"... that someone mentioned a while
        > ago?
        > ...with a description that made me think I might need this. But I've
        > had no
        > luck tracking it down. Is this some obscure 20 year old vinyl-only
        > thing....

        It is indeed, and yes, even if only slightly interested in the =
        pioneering works of electroacoustic music,you do need it.
        Now here�s the good news: They still have it at =
        www.anomalousrecords.com , in the compliations section. And it�s=
        incredibly cheap, too, for a 3LP set...

        Here�s what they say:
        "Music from Mills" 3 x LP $14.99 a collection of music by Mills College
        =
        alumni with Lou Harrison, Terry Riley, Luciano Berio, Dave Brubeck, =
        David Rosenboom, Robert Ashley, Anthony Braxton, David Behrman, Elinor
        =
        Armer, Steve Reich, Maggi Payne, Darius Milhaud, Pauline Oliveros, =
        Anthony Gnazzo, Katrina Krimsky, Larry Polansky, Pandit Pran Nath, =
        Janice Giteck, "Blue" Gene Tyranny, Ramon Sender, and Morton Subotnick.
        =
        cover by Jasper Johns. with program notes. Mills College U.S. MC 001

        Hope this helps.

        On a completely unrelated note, does anybody of you sweet people out =
        there have an idea if there are any recordings avaliable by the late =
        great Pramod Kumar, apart from "Les Chemins du Raga" on Arion ?

        Any info highly appreciated.

        Cheers,
        DeeDee

        =====
      • Marc Ian Lansley
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
          It is indeed a vinyl-only thing, but still available...
          Check the main catalogue at a-musik-mailorder (Cologne): www.a-musik.com
          They have it for sure, but I think you might find "Music for Mills"
          elsewhere too.

          >From: "Michael Lintner" <lintners@...>
          >To: <thewire@onelist.com>
          >Subject: [thewire] Music from Mills?
          >Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:52:27 -0600
          >
          >From: "Michael Lintner" <lintners@...>
          >
          >Was that it: "Music from Mills"... that someone mentioned a while ago?
          >...with a description that made me think I might need this. But I've had
          >no
          >luck tracking it down. Is this some obscure 20 year old vinyl-only
          >thing....
          >
          >Any suggestions appreciated.
          >
          >Thanks.
          >
          >ML

        • Michael Lintner
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
            Thanks to all who gave suggestions. I've got it - or at least it should be
            in the way. Everyone on Wire list should check out this
            www.anomalousrecords.com site suggested by Dee Dee.

            Thanks.

            ML