Re: Hello! Is there anybody Out There?

  • Iris Light
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 1998
      Hi Anna,

      I have also just joined the list, and wondered whether anyoned
      was out there!
      I liked your opinions regarding Einstruzende Nuebauten. When I
      first heard them - in Red Rhino records, York - they blew me away.
      A friend of mine asked me how I could like a band who (a) didn't
      use instruments in the traditional sense, abd (b) how i
      understood the lyrics.
      My answer was quite simple, it doesn't matter what language the
      lyrics are in, the lyrics and sound more universal and almost
      transcend the need for translation. And the music they created
      was the perfect back drop for the lyrics.
      I have to agree with JAMC a little about recent EN music. It has
      lost something when compared to earlier recordings, but then
      their music is still a cut above a lot of other bands.

      As for Techno, I think that scene has a lot to offer, and a lot of
      variety. The Dance scene in general is probably wider than the
      Industrial Scene has ever been. However, with variety obviously
      comes an awful lot of rubbish, but then there is always a price to
      pay!
      The techno scene, to me, includes ambient, drum'n' bass,
      breakbeat etc. etc. and as such there is no real limit to what is
      created, I tihnk it is one of the most interesting scenes/genres
      around.
      Anyway, hopefully we've created a little food for thought!
      Best wishes,
      --
      Adam Sykes
      IRIS LIGHT RECORDS

      Fax: +44 (0) 1637 881543
      WebSite: http://www.irislight.demon.co.uk

      Forthcoming Releases:

      i-LIGHT011CD BAND OF PAIN "Reculver"
      i-LIGHT006CD SZEKI KURVA "The Fearless Vampire Killers"
      i-LIGHT012CD SONIC SUB JUNKIES "Molotov Lounge"
      i-LIGHT014CD PEARSHAPED "Access To Tools"
    • Vince Millett
      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 1998
        At 18:00 26/05/98 +0100, you wrote:
        >As for Techno, I think that scene has a lot to offer, and a lot of
        >variety. The Dance scene in general is probably wider than the
        >Industrial Scene has ever been. However, with variety obviously
        >comes an awful lot of rubbish, but then there is always a price to
        >pay!
        >The techno scene, to me, includes ambient, drum'n' bass,
        >breakbeat etc. etc. and as such there is no real limit to what is
        >created, I tihnk it is one of the most interesting scenes/genres
        >around.
        >Anyway, hopefully we've created a little food for thought!
        >Best wishes,
        >Adam Sykes
        >IRIS LIGHT RECORDS

        I agree! My own interests are particularly in the areas where electronic
        dance music interacts with various ethnic music forms: Transglobal
        Underground/Natasha Atlas, the barraka el farnatshi label, the Outcaste
        label, the whole Anokha/Asian Underground scene, Martyn Bennett, Suns of
        Arqa etc etc. The possibilities are endless.

        Vince Millett
        Broken Drum Records
        Secret Archives of the Vatican (new album Reformation available 15th June)