Re: Plexure

  • Davis Ford
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 1998
      :>This is the "Plunderphonics" John Oswald? So what's the recording like?
      :>Found sound recordings?
      :
      :In his own words it's 4000 well known songs chopped, diced and sliced into
      :19 minutes. Your brain wants to explode listening to it. They are
      :

      Hey, I seem to recall someone mentioning that Plunderphonics was available
      online somewhere in
      RealAudio...does anyone know where this is? It was always something I wanted
      to check out, but
      forgot.

      davis
    • AudioPig
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 1998
        > Hey, I seem to recall someone mentioning that Plunderphonics was
        available
        > online somewhere in
        > RealAudio...does anyone know where this is? It was always something I
        wanted
        > to check out, but
        > forgot.

        yep...check out http://www.detritus.net for the full skinny (.mp3's, not
        realaudio)...they've also recently added oswald's "rubiyat" ep and the
        KLF's "1987" disc for yr listening pleasure...

        regards,
        doug // audiopig
      • brian.duguid@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26, 1998
          >From: David San Segundo Bello <deeseese@...>
          >I have an 18 minutes mini-CD with the name 'plunderphonics' (cat. number
          >DISX001) but I think he released a full-size CD with the same name (or
          >maybe not?).

          The disc you have was issued by Blast First - I got mine as a present
          at one of their Disobey club nights, but I don't know if they
          distributed any anywhere else. The full Plunderphonic CD was released
          in 1989 (and distributed free), following on from an
          identically-titled EP in the previous year. It has been fairly
          extensively bootlegged. There's an extensive interview with Oswald at
          the web site below.

          Brian Duguid
          EST, BCM EST, London WC1N 3XX, UK
          est@... www.hyperreal.org/zines/est/