Re: Digest Number 69

  • andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 1998
      A friend of mine recently brought over a copy of the newest Porter Ricks CD
      from Mille Plateaux that he reviewed for _interface_ and i'm looking to see
      if anyone can offer any info on this label: other bands, general sound of
      bands on the label, etc.

      thanks!

      andy waggoner - senior editor and art director
      interface magazine
      electronic music and music technology

      chicago office:
      ***NEW MAILING ADDRESS***
      3540 N. Southport Avenue, Suite 220, Chicago, IL 60657 USA
      p: 312.905.0779 f: 773.975.9390
      www.interfacemagazine.com
    • Davis Ford
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 1998
        :A friend of mine recently brought over a copy of the newest Porter Ricks CD
        :from Mille Plateaux that he reviewed for _interface_ and i'm looking to see
        :if anyone can offer any info on this label: other bands, general sound of
        :bands on the label, etc.
        :
        :thanks!
        :

        Do yourself a favor and pick up any compilation on Mille Plateaux, for example
        the excellent In
        Memoriam: Gilles Deleuze, or the Modulations & Transformations series, or even
        any of the excellent
        Electric Ladyland comps on Force Inc.

        You also would do no wrong investigating the stuff on Chain Reaction (porter
        ricks has at least one
        album on this label called biokinetics...but there a slew of other great
        artists, as well - all very
        minimalist type stuff)

        I've been listening to a lot of stuff in this arena lately. As far as other
        similar artists, you
        can do no wrong buying anything off the aforementioned labels, in my opinion.
        I've just sort of
        discovered all of this stuff, and I'm now buying records that were released four
        or five years ago,
        so I'm a bit new to these labels myself. I'm sure there are some other veterans
        on here that could
        break it down more for you. There was a good article on Mille Plateaux in a
        past Wire. They have
        the article online at the website.

        I've been recently enjoying Gas, Various Artists, Restgeraeusch, Global
        Electronic Network,
        Pluramon, Scanner, David Shea, Kerosene, etc...etc...

        davis