Re: mailing list

  • Davis Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 1998
      > Dear Davis,
      >
      > Thanks for your message and sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've
      > just subscribed to the digest version of this mailing list, and I'm looking
      > forward to seeing what kind of discussions are going on about Wire-centric
      > music. This is a great idea which we really should have done if we didn't
      > have to spend all our time actually putting the print version together all
      > the time!
      >
      > Still, I'll try to keep tabs on the discussions and I'm sure various Wire
      > staff will butt in there ourselves from time to time to answer questions,
      > resolve arguments, etc...
      >
      > Meanwhile, I'll mention the list on the next Multimedia section in the
      > magazine; featured in the little 'Goto' column that we do every month.
      > Hopefully that'll boost the number of subscribers you get. I'll also link
      > in to the register page from our own Website.
      >
      > Once again, thanks for setting this thing up. Let's keep in touch.
      >
      > Best regards
      >
      > Rob Young
      > Deputy Editor

      Rob,

      Thanks for the reply. This is indeed good news. I'm sure that advertising the
      list in the magazine, and as a link on your page will launch it's subscriber
      count to an impressive amount. I'd love to transfer the list out of the
      Onelist Domain, and have it as a stand-alone listserv. I will work on trying
      to find a host for the listserv. In the interim, Onelist is providing a free
      service in which to generate subscribers. Thanks again for the reply. Keep up
      the good work.

      Davis Ford