Re: Halana

  • Slask Records
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 1998
      >From: tsasscer@... (Version)
      >
      >I would love the info on HALANA...never heard of/seen it before. Is it
      >American?
      >
      >Thanks, Tim

      Hi,
      you�ll find complete info about HALANA on:
      http://members.aol.com/halanazine/index.htm

      Bo Stefan Lundquist/Slask Records

      Slask Records Phone +46 (0)31 971740
      Box 27 Fax +46 (0)31 972417
      S-430 84 Styrs� e-mail slask@...
      SWEDEN
      website http://www.algonet.se/~slask (under construction)
      "Without music it is hard to imagine the life of man. Without the
      >sound of music it would be incomplete, desolately miserable."
      Dimitri Sjostakovitj
    • Matthew Stephan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2002
        >From: "stevolende" <stevolende@...>
        >To: thewire@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [thewire] Re: First Fushitsusha Album...
        >Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:38:18 -0000
        >
        >--- In thewire@y..., "Matthew Stephan" <chthonic_lice@h...> wrote:
        > >
        > > actually if you can find Haino's "So Black is Myself", a hurdy
        >gurdy work
        > > for Alien8 then I'd definitly get it. If you have any affinity to
        >the
        > > minimalism of Tony Conrad, Alan Lamb
        >
        >funny that you mention those 2 next to Haino's Hurdy gurdy stuff
        >since I've got all 3 on a cd that came free with Halana a few years
        >back, alongside a track by Pauline Oliveros
        >Stevo
        >Np Savage REpublic Siege

        Is Halana still active, I've never seen the issue you mention but I recall a
        disc from them with an excellent David Grubbs accordian track

        speaking of Alan Lamb, has anyone heard any of his live work?, the only disc
        of his I have is Primal Image on Dorobo which is magical

        matt

      • John Eastridge
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2002
          does anyone have the issue of halana with an article by don miller of
          borbetomagus?

          john