top 10

  • Velvetdoug@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 1999
      again, no particular order

      minutemen - double nickels on the dime
      slayer - reign in blood
      jeru the damaja - the sun rises in the east
      oval - 94 diskont
      smashing pumpkins - adore
      suicide - suicide
      band of holy joy - when stars came out to play
      prefab sprout - swoon
      momus - circus maximus
      jandek - your turn to fall
      nina simone - i put a spell on you

      ask next week - it'll all be different...
    • jamello@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2004
        Not all 2004 releases, rather a list of things I listened to/enjoyed the
        most this year (in no particular order):

        - Sonny Simmons -- Staying on the Watch
        - Grachan Moncur III -- Mosaic Select 3cd box
        - Fiery Furnaces -- Blueberry Boat
        - Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti 2
        - Supersilent 6
        - Death From Above 1979 -- You're a Woman, I'm a Machine
        - DFA comp #2
        - Klang -- No Sound is Heard
        - AC Newman -- The Slow Wonder
        - Jason Forrest -- The Unrelenting Songs of the 1979 Post Disco Crash

        Happy new year.

        Jack