Re: Matmos - The West

  • Steven Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 1999
      > > Is 'The West' just fantastic, or is it fantastic? I thought the two
      > > Matmos albums had one or two flaws, but this new(ish) EP is amazing -
      > > slide guitars, banjos and other Wild West-type parafernalia stapled
      > > to some of the best grooves and warped sounds I've heard...ever.
      > >
      > > Any other opinions? And is there any other release (by anybody) of
      > > comparable standards covering a similar area?
      > >
      > > JOHN
      >
      > Yeah, its really good. I've had that for a while. Nothing immediately
      > similar comes to mind.

      Yeah it is great, im embarrassed to say I almost ignored Matmos due to
      the fact that they were getting raved about on the IDM mailing list...
      and its been a long time since they raved about anything i've liked on
      that list! (well maybe a slight exaggeration... but only slight). So
      sorry Matmos! I wont be so judgemental next time ;-)

      Steve

      play : horseopera@...
      work : stevet@...
      else : kung.funk@...
    • Ryan Shaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 1999
        regarding the _Grow Fins_ beefheart anthology:

        does anyone know if volumes two and three
        of the LP version of _Grow Fins_ have come
        out? Table of the Elements/Xeric released
        volume one at the same time Revenant
        released the 5 CD set, but i never saw
        two or three.......

        rbs.