too

  • rfaith
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
      the guardian isn't the only bastion
      of crap journalistic 'insight':

      like a tim i'm serious geist006cd
      david kristian beneath the valley of the modulars alien8 16cd

      Both these sets mewl like electronica's bad
      cliche of sad knob twiddlers holed up inside a
      dead planet rock of ME! ME! ME! crap
      graphix, crap titles - all told no DISCOURSE
      outside a gracelessly unsound solipsism
      underlined by tim van lijden's "no thanks to
      anybody" and kristian's "no
      sampling allowed". (FUCK your creepy 'irony', OK) i'm
      seroius is both uneasy and undemanding,
      somehow; beneath´┐Ż is too earnestly
      pleasant to justify it's maker's arrogance
      in a right world, these antisocial gits would be
      sacrificed to the goddess thaemlitz
      ;
      notice how the 'reviewer' subtly avoids any
      helpful description or reaction to the
      music
      and prefers to offload his knarled prejudices
      inside a dead planet rock critique of ME! ME! ME!

      see how once declaring the two as a pair
      of sad knob twiddlers they are denounced for
      being so.

      the idea of kristian being arrogant for not
      wanting sampling is laughable when
      the magazine has:
      Unauthorised reproduction of any item is forbidden, and we mean it.
      emblazoned across the editorial page
      (this doesn't square whether you take these ironically or straight)
      maybe the reviewer should take a holiday

      that one cd should be spurned as being pleasant
      (however earnestly)
      is as stupid as the guardian's want of melody

      (also why should thaemlitz be simply a goddess when
      wendy carlos is invariably prefixed by 'walter/'?)

      (page 62 of wire 186, btw)
      -
      trivia?
      sight and sound has blixa bargeld listed as 'spirit voices' in 'the mummy'

      -
      rfaith
    • Davis Ford
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
        > From: rfaith <richard.faith@...>
        >
        > the guardian isn't the only bastion
        > of crap journalistic 'insight':
        >
        > like a tim i'm serious geist006cd
        > david kristian beneath the valley of the modulars alien8 16cd

        who wrote it?

        i don't have the new wire yet.
        that is laughable.
      • rfaith
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
          >From: "Davis Ford" <forddavi@...>
          >

          >> From: rfaith <richard.faith@...>
          >>
          >> the guardian isn't the only bastion
          >> of crap journalistic 'insight':
          >>
          >> like a tim i'm serious geist006cd
          >> david kristian beneath the valley of the modulars alien8 16cd
          >
          >who wrote it?
          >
          >i don't have the new wire yet.
          >that is laughable.

          ian penman;