Re: "_____"

  • Karl Tiderman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 1999
      What's this guy _____ doing on this list anyway? If he slanders this
      debate so thoroughly, he must surely be slandering all this list, and
      The Wire, stands for.Say something intelligent if you want to prove your
      point, or at least stop kicking in all directions at once.
      And, concerning the "one does not need to attend to imagine"-bit: never
      tell me that a review could be written without the writer attending the
      concert! To do that you have to have preconcieved ideas to a dangerous
      degree.
      (Sorry if I don't make 100% sense. English is not my first language)
      Karl

      ------------------

      Message: 8
      Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:58:12 +0100
      From: "_____" <diskono@...>
      Subject: Subject: Re: toop, jenkinson, prevost et al

      all you pious fucks are beyond a joke, how can a supposedly
      'enlightened'
      people be so damn right myopic?

      kudos to maddy..he called it as he saw it...not many of you would have
      the
      guts to do the same thing...the only bad thing about the review is the
      subject matter i.e. that he chose to cover the event at all..the
      coverage
      these pointless "experiments" gets only serves to marginalize anything
      of
      any real worth, i bet there
      was loads of crazy shit kicking off the same night in the backrooms of
      pubs
      yards away....

      dead space eats up dead words

      rob young : >what was the writer (and don't ya just hate journos who
      tell
      you what 'their >friend' thinks?) doing there?

      dont ya just hate journos who put their friends on the cover of the
      magazines they edit?

      and rob ..it dosent matter if the guy was present or not...one does not
      need
      to attend to imagine what a self indulgent and spurious excersie in back
      slapping and mutual masturbation this gig would have been....buy some
      cosmic
      volume records and FUCK yesterdays / journey men such as d toop, luke
      vibert, tom jenkinson....amongst the blind the
      one eyed man is king...maddy for president...

      yours with maximum ostentation

      Joseph Sergej Velez a.k.a. His Cigar Smoke Was Unmissably Subtle

      --------___----__----^^^-----__^^^^---

      No Scarves !!! No Kids !!! No Runners!!!

      http://website.lineone.net/~diskono

      "whatever you can do, or think you can, begin it. boldness has power,
      genius and magic in it" - goethe
    • Per-Christian Hille
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 1999
        > From: Karl Tiderman <karl.tiderman@...>
        >
        > What's this guy _____ doing on this list anyway?
        possibly reminding us to not take our music/our views/ourselves too
        seriously.

        > To do that you have to have preconcieved ideas to a dangerous
        > degree.
        as if any of us haven't. it's just that we feel a tad provoked and insulted
        when someone has preconcieved ideas about the stuff *we* like.
        but what do i know...
        pc
      • Steven Taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 1999
          Hmm if Diskono were against everything the Wire stood for they probably
          wouldnt have been featured in a recent issue... It doesnt do anyone any
          harm to have their views challenged, it makes these lists far more
          interesting, otherwise they end up as turgid back-slapping forums.

          Karl Tiderman wrote:

          > From: Karl Tiderman <karl.tiderman@...>
          >
          > What's this guy _____ doing on this list anyway? If he slanders this
          > debate so thoroughly, he must surely be slandering all this list, and
          > The Wire, stands for.Say something intelligent if you want to prove your
          > point, or at least stop kicking in all directions at once.
          > And, concerning the "one does not need to attend to imagine"-bit: never
          > tell me that a review could be written without the writer attending the
          > concert! To do that you have to have preconcieved ideas to a dangerous
          > degree.
          > (Sorry if I don't make 100% sense. English is not my first language)
          > Karl
          >
          > ------------------
          >
          > Message: 8
          > Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:58:12 +0100
          > From: "_____" <diskono@...>
          > Subject: Subject: Re: toop, jenkinson, prevost et al
          >
          > all you pious fucks are beyond a joke, how can a supposedly
          > 'enlightened'
          > people be so damn right myopic?
          >
          > kudos to maddy..he called it as he saw it...not many of you would have
          > the
          > guts to do the same thing...the only bad thing about the review is the
          > subject matter i.e. that he chose to cover the event at all..the
          > coverage
          > these pointless "experiments" gets only serves to marginalize anything
          > of
          > any real worth, i bet there
          > was loads of crazy shit kicking off the same night in the backrooms of
          > pubs
          > yards away....
          >
          > dead space eats up dead words
          >
          > rob young : >what was the writer (and don't ya just hate journos who
          > tell
          > you what 'their >friend' thinks?) doing there?
          >
          > dont ya just hate journos who put their friends on the cover of the
          > magazines they edit?
          >
          > and rob ..it dosent matter if the guy was present or not...one does not
          > need
          > to attend to imagine what a self indulgent and spurious excersie in back
          > slapping and mutual masturbation this gig would have been....buy some
          > cosmic
          > volume records and FUCK yesterdays / journey men such as d toop, luke
          > vibert, tom jenkinson....amongst the blind the
          > one eyed man is king...maddy for president...
          >
          > yours with maximum ostentation
          >
          > Joseph Sergej Velez a.k.a. His Cigar Smoke Was Unmissably Subtle
          >
          > --------___----__----^^^-----__^^^^---
          >
          > No Scarves !!! No Kids !!! No Runners!!!
          >
          > http://website.lineone.net/~diskono
          >
          > "whatever you can do, or think you can, begin it. boldness has power,
          > genius and magic in it" - goethe

          > ONElist members are using Shared Files in great ways!
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > Are you? If not, see our homepage for details.

          Steve

          play : horseopera@...
          work : stevet@...
          else : kung.funk@...
        • Davis Ford
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 1999
            > From: Steven Taylor <kung.funk@...>
            >
            > Hmm if Diskono were against everything the Wire stood for they probably
            > wouldnt have been featured in a recent issue... It doesnt do anyone any
            > harm to have their views challenged, it makes these lists far more
            > interesting, otherwise they end up as turgid back-slapping forums.

            Yeah, I agree, but then again, his responses to most discussions are pretty
            formulaic. I'm not complaining. It's good to stir it up a little, but it
            has become pretty predictable what diskono is going to say regarding each
            issue..as Oeivind pointed out. In fact, Oeivind's response was pretty damn
            good. Will we get a response to that?

            Davis