7/31 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope-WHUS/Storrs, Connecticut (USA)

  • JoelKru@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 12:18 PM
      Greetings!

      Welcome to this week's playlist for the 7/31 edition of "Pushing The
      Envelope - Music Decidedly Left of Center. If you go to the <A
      HREF="http://whusfm.saup.uconn.edu/">WHUS web-site</A>
      (http://whusfm.saup.uconn.edu/) you can get all the information you need to
      check out "Pushing The Envelope" and all the other fine programming on 91.7
      FM - WHUS, the radio station of the University of Connecticut in Storrs. (By
      the way, I'm also hosting a jazz-fusion show on alternate Tuesday evenings
      from 6 to 9 PM. I'm on again August 17.)

      "Pushing The Envelope" airs on Saturday afternoons from 3 to 5 PM (FYI,
      London: 8-10 PM/Tel Aviv: 10-12 PM/Hong Kong: Sunday: 3-5 AM/Sydney: 5-7 AM
      Thanks Gye!). It continues it's mission of presenting the best of
      avant-garde classical, rock, jazz, ambient, electronic, along with a healthy
      dollop of new and classic progressive rock (i.e., King Crimson, Boud Deun,
      Gentle Giant, etc.).

      As always, I'm constantly looking for new music to air. (Please note,
      all playlists are posted to the progressive rock, ambient, electronic,
      exotic, and contemporary classical music newsgroups, the Wire, Prog4U, and
      musings mailists, and in addition to all that, e-mailed to you.)

      If you have something that you'd like to share with our listeners (Yes, I
      DO play cassettes and DATs!), please sent it along to:

      Joel Krutt / WHUS
      Pushing The Envelope
      University of Connecticut
      Box U-8R
      Storrs, CT 06269

      e-mail: joelkru@...

      Thanks for checking out the list!
      'Til next time,
      Peace
      Joel

      7/31/99 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope

      ~Eurhthymy (1985) - composer: Peter Hatch/NUMUS - Mildred's Thoughts -
      Artifact Music (1999) <http://www.interlog.com/~artifact/>

      ~Viewing The Distance - Vidna Obmana/Jeff Pearce - True Stories - Mirage
      (1999) <http://www.oasisproductions.com>

      ~Mad Max - Thomas Thorn - A Cat-Shaped Hole In My Heart (compilation) -
      Projekt (1999) <http://www.projekt.com>

      ~Acid, Bitter & Sad - This Mortal Coil - Lonely Is An Eyesore (compilation) -
      4AD (1998) <http://www.4AD.com>

      ~Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nonex - Songs Of The Siren - Shadow Records (1999)

      ~The Most Unspectacular Pirate Show In The Middle Of The F*cking Desert -
      Upsilon Ecrux - In The Crux Of The Upsilon King - Accretions (1999)
      <http://www.accretions.com>

      ~Electronic Composition No. 1 - Daria Semegen - The Columbia-Princeton
      Electronic Music Center 1961-73 (compilation) - New World (1998)
      <http://www.newworldrecords.org>

      ~Calligraphy II/Shadows - Joan LaBarbara - Shamansong - New World (1998)
      <http://www.newworldrecords.org>

      ~Track 4 from sampler CD sent by "The Golden Calves" (1999)

      ~Mr. Freedom X - Miles David - On The Corner - Columbia/Legacy (1972/93)

      ~Mu-Chu - DJ Krush/Toshinori Kondo - Ki-Oko - Instinct (1999)

      ~I Surrender - David Sylvian - Dead Bees On A Cake - Virgin (1999)

      ~goem.comp.twee - goem - Microscopic Sound (compilation) - Cairpirnha (1999)
      <http://www.caipirinha.com)

      ~Trapped - Fingerpaint - In The Loop - FNGP (1999)
      <http://www.fingerpaint.net>

      ~La Fiesta (1989) - composer/keyboard controller: Sergio Barroso - Delirantes
      - empreintes DIGITALes (1997) <http://www.cam.org/~dim/>

      ~Violence - Carl Stone - Exusiai - Robi Droli (1999)
      <http://www.inrete.it/robidroli/home.html>

      ~Radial Nerve Pressure - Patrick Kosk - Sounds! (compilation) - Charm Of
      Sound (1999)