Subject: Re: toop, jenkinson, prevost et al

  • _____
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 1999
      all you pious fucks are beyond a joke, how can a supposedly 'enlightened'
      bunch of
      people be so damn right myopic?

      kudos to maddy..he called it as he saw it...not many of you would have the
      guts to do the same thing...the only bad thing about the review is the
      subject matter i.e. that he chose to cover the event at all..the coverage
      these pointless "experiments" gets only serves to marginalize anything of
      any real worth, i bet there
      was loads of crazy shit kicking off the same night in the backrooms of pubs
      yards away....

      dead space eats up dead words

      rob young : >what was the writer (and don't ya just hate journos who tell
      you what 'their >friend' thinks?) doing there?

      dont ya just hate journos who put their friends on the cover of the
      magazines they edit?

      and rob ..it dosent matter if the guy was present or not...one does not need
      to attend to imagine what a self indulgent and spurious excersie in back
      slapping and mutual masturbation this gig would have been....buy some cosmic
      volume records and FUCK yesterdays / journey men such as d toop, luke
      vibert, tom jenkinson....amongst the blind the
      one eyed man is king...maddy for president...

      yours with maximum ostentation

      Joseph Sergej Velez a.k.a. His Cigar Smoke Was Unmissably Subtle

      --------___----__----^^^-----__^^^^---

      No Scarves !!! No Kids !!! No Runners!!!

      http://website.lineone.net/~diskono

      "whatever you can do, or think you can, begin it. boldness has power,
      genius and magic in it" - goethe
    • Oeivind Idsoe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 1999
        _____ wrote:

        > all you pious fucks are beyond a joke, how can a supposedly 'enlightened'
        > bunch of people be so damn right myopic?

        That's just you counting the fucking numbers instead of focusing on what people
        are actually saying, which makes you even more superficial than your previous
        pseudo-revolutionary garbish-grammar would imply.

        If you took the time to read the various mails posted to this list on the topic,
        you would notice that there's actually been some arguments presented, and that
        the reason most of us disagree with the article is that the entire premise of
        the concept of the mentioned concert seems beyond the reviewer. Sending a
        reviewer that doesn't seem to like sometimes atonal, sometimes free-flowing,
        sometimes even noisey music to a concert featuring these very things might be an
        interesting sociological experiment, but it's not really interesting (for me) on
        a musical level (unless, of course, you think that every arty experience is
        purely sociological, but I won't offend diskonos sensible fucking ego by going
        there).

        > kudos to maddy..he called it as he saw it...not many of you would have the
        > guts to do the same thing...

        Bullshit. If the content of a writer's article is supposed to be based on
        integrity and integrity only you would find yourself honouring the integrity of
        all the Daniel Bells of the world just because their bell curve "calls it as
        they see it", which is just as one-sided as what you are accusing the "pious
        fucks" on this list for being.

        The discussion this time wasn't about integrity, but about relevance; integrity
        is well and good but means microscopically little if what you're actually saying
        is just crap or beside the point (if you accept that such a thing as "a point"
        even exist). Open your eyes a little wider next time. Eyes wide shut. You agree
        with Maddy ('s integrity) because it fits your quasicountercultural attitude
        that dictates you to oppose everything supported by more than three people. What
        does that say about your integrity?

        > the only bad thing about the review is the subject matter i.e. that he chose
        > to cover the event at all..the coverage these pointless "experiments" gets
        > only serves to marginalize anything of any real worth, i bet there was loads
        > of crazy shit kicking off the same night in the backrooms of pubs yards
        > away....

        Believe it or not, but I think The Wire covers the marginalized crazy shit you
        are talking about. You would notice if you actually read it. Don't expect The
        Guardian to cover it. It's quite a big mainstream newspaper, remember? And once
        a mainstream newspaper decides to cover the margins you know exactly what
        happens. Be very glad it ain't so, unless reterritorialization gives you some
        kind of masochistic satisfaction.

        > dont ya just hate journos who put their friends on the cover of the
        > magazines they edit?

        Yes, Rob Young edits the magazine all by himself. None of the other members of
        The Wire team can object to Rob's suggestions. Rob decided to put Scanner on the
        cover all by himself. Rob is the big bad Ulf.

        Would it be better to not put him on the cover because he knows him? It would
        still be within the same either/or you are trying to construct.

        > buy some cosmic
        > volume records and FUCK yesterdays / journey men such as d toop, luke
        > vibert, tom jenkinson....amongst the blind the
        > one eyed man is king...maddy for president...

        Don't pretend you don't have your own agenda, which is probably just as
        masturbatory as the next wavefield of aesthetic interest desperately trying to
        penetrate the fabrics of social discourse. Putting the diskono web address in
        every mail would count as masturbatory in many circles, which I'm sure you are
        aware of. Not that you should remove it. Just be aware that you're playing a
        game just like the rest of us, even if your game involves writing fuck with big
        letters. You are one of the blind revolutionaries. Which one-eyed man is leading
        you?

        > "whatever you can do, or think you can, begin it. boldness has power,
        > genius and magic in it" - goethe

        Are you sure that's not "baldness has power, genius and magic in it"? I'm sure
        that's what George Costanza would say (that's me surfing on the surface for ya).

        /Oeivind/