Re: Koner / Oval / Shea /

  • Mark Coyle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 1998
      >I'm currently trying to find any online resources for natural and
      mechanical sound effects (ie. trains, water, machinery, creaking hinges,
      etc..) If anyone knows of any sites, please let me know.

      The BBC do some good CDs. Also, there are a load of excellent Cds that
      Timespace do, there are whole volumes of mechanical, clockwork and
      industrial effects for example. I don't know the URL but I guess it's
      http://www.timespace.co,uk or something similar.

      Cheers
      Mark
    • Brian & Sharon Beuchaw
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 1998
        On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Davis Ford wrote:

        > Here's some I found to be useful. Granted, I think most, or all, are in
        > the US:

        > Bent Crayon
        > http://www.bentcrayon.com/

        They're good (but they are in the USA) - john c (who owns it) has gone out
        of his way to track down a bunch of stuff for me. *Very* decent selection
        too.

        Actually, their new URL is www.forcedexposure.com.

        > davis

        cya
        brian
        "The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to
        distinguish excellence from success." - David Hare
      • brian.duguid@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 1998
          >>I understand they have a "Wire section" at the Virgin Megastore, but I
          >have never been there so I can't tell you if it's any good.

          You may be thinking of Tower Records at Piccadilly Circus, which has
          such a section in their Jazz department, if I remember aright. It
          seemed to be heavily stocked with stuff distributed by Harmonia Mundi
          last time I looked; it certainly wasn't representative of The Wire's
          full range of interests.

          Brian Duguid
          brian.duguid@... www.hyperreal.org/~duguid/