Re: new comps

  • ( h r | s
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 1998
      At 07:24 PM 5/10/98 -0000, you wrote:
      >From: "Andrew Grant" <stoic@...>
      >
      >Two questions --
      >1) where did you find the Portishead boots
      >2) what DJ Krush Miles Davis re-mix album? (I hadn't heard.)

      I don't know where the Portishead boots came from. A freind just gave me a
      tape. I think some are b-sides of singles and some are real boots.

      I don't know when the DJ Krush and King Britt remixes Miles is supposed to
      come out. I read about it on MTV news. Someone told me that it was gonna be
      a remix of Bill Laswell remixes.

      Has anybody check out that import CD titled "Koi Ku" or something like
      that, it's DJ Krush and a Japanese horn player. I forget his name but I was
      able to listen to some mixes on the new DJ Krush reconstructed CD
      "Holonic". Very Milesish.......

      C H R I S

    • JonAbbey2
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 1998
        In a message dated 5/9/98 11:47:53 PM, bm254@... wrote:

        <<Okay, so this doesn't have anything to do with M&T3, but I

        did recently grab a copy of Sun Ra's _Space Is The Place_ on the strength

        of all of the hype that it has been receiving lately and, frankly, I

        don't get it. Should I chalk this one up as another jazz classic that I

        just don't understand, or does the title track actually sound like half-

        baked John Zorn material? Could anybody point me in the direction of

        other Sun Ra releases that aren't quite so... um... improvised, and in

        which the band occasionally sounds as though it's playing together?>>

        Space Is the Place isn't one of the better Sun Ra albums that I've heard.
        Better starting places would be Cosmic Tones For Mental Therapy, Atlantis or
        Heliocentric Worlds, Volume 1.

        Half-baked John Zorn material is a bit unfair.

        Jon
      • Andrew Grant
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 1998