New Issue Is Out!

  • Anna Clare McDuff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30 2:38 AM
      Hi everybody....

      I found the latest issue of the Wire on my doormat this morning...
      There's some really good stuff in it! The Lunch interview is excellent, as
      good a read as I hoped it would be (though I never seriously thought Lunch
      could ever give a dull interview!). I won't tell you what she said, cause
      I don't want to spoil anyone's surprise/pleasure! But I will say that it's
      an enjoyable overview of her history to date.

      I can't remember who it was who complained about the Wire's
      failure to point out naked emporers: but you'll really enjoy Biba Kopf's
      splendidly choleric review of the London Music Collective's Seventh Annual
      Festival of Experimental Music... he says it made him empathise with lab
      rats.... But give him his due, he reserves his praise for those he felt
      deserved it: Maggie Nichols, Stefan Jaworzyn, Pauline Oliveras, and
      Chalemagne Palestine....

      There's also a very interesting exchange between Don Byron & the
      Wire on the letters page... food for thought. And all of you Autechre fans
      will be pleased to know that there's a review of two of their cds, both as
      Autechre and as Gescom.

      Anna