Re: online resources

  • John Gibson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 1998
      > Hey, how's the new issue? I finally subscribed, instead of buying it off the
      > stand. This will be my first issue for the subscription (w/Sonic
      Youth)...does
      > anybody in the States subscribe, and if so..how long is the lag. I've heard
      bad
      > things about this...like the magazine comes a month+ late.
      >
      > Thanks to everyone else for the record store suggestions
      >
      > davis

      Hi Davis, I'd like to tell you what the new issue's like and it was
      due out on April 28th here but I can't find the bastard anywhere in
      Newcastle!

      Distribution going down the pan?

      JOHN

      > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
      > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
      > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.

    • Steve81778
      Message 2 of 9 , May 5, 1998
        BoC had a 12" on skam last year (skam is run by an (now ex?) friend of
        Autechre named andy maddocks. skam has releases by BoC, Jega, Gescom, Bola,
        Freeform and Lego Feet...all limited releases and all that...

        BoC have now become the next big thing, which I don't really
        understand...don't get me wrong, they're damn good (I have their album and
        skam 12" plus a cd-r of their first (rare as fuck) 12") but I just don't get
        the hype...really mellow melodies with hip hop beats, and on the skam 12", a
        tad bit of electro...(don't get me wrong though, this isn't "trip-hop"
        bullshit)

        PJ from modern music is all over BoC...

        for the next big thing though, I'm banking on Jega...he has a 12" and CD/LP
        coming out soon on planet U (mike paradinas' label, aka mu-Ziq)

        he has 2 12"s out on skam...his stuff is pretty inconsistent right now, but
        check out his tracks on the mealtime and 0161 comps (and I think he did the
        "funny" hidden track on the skampler disc as well as the hidden track on the
        0161 comp...)

        later
        steve

        ps-please any this heat fans help me track down the 'canterbury dream' label
        bootlegs

        << new operation on Warp called "Board of
        Canada" >>
      • dgromfin@xxxxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 9 , May 5, 1998
          I've been a US subscriber for a few years and while the service in the past has
          been spotty, now the mag comes to me in the month before the issue date (like
          most
          other subscription mags). So I rec'd the May about 7-10 days ago.

          If you ever have problems with your sub, just email Ben House (his address is
          in
          the mag). He's really great and has solved problems for me in the past.

          Danny

          P.S. Anybody know where I can obtain a copy of the last Robert Wyatt CD
          "Shleep".
          Thanks.

          John Gibson wrote:

          > From: "John Gibson" <W.J.Gibson@...>
          >
          > > Hey, how's the new issue? I finally subscribed, instead of buying it off
          the
          > > stand. This will be my first issue for the subscription (w/Sonic
          > Youth)...does
          > > anybody in the States subscribe, and if so..how long is the lag. I've heard
          > bad
          > > things about this...like the magazine comes a month+ late.
          > >
          > > Thanks to everyone else for the record store suggestions
          > >
          > > davis
          > >

          > Hi Davis, I'd like to tell you what the new issue's like and it was
          > due out on April 28th here but I can't find the bastard anywhere in
          > Newcastle!
          >
          > Distribution going down the pan?
          >
          > JOHN

          > > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
          > > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
          > > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.

          > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
          > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
          > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.
        • Andrew Grant
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 1998
            >P.S. Anybody know where I can obtain a copy of the last Robert Wyatt CD
            >"Shleep".
            >Thanks.

            Try any of the major online CD stores -- I bought mine from CDNOW (it was
            only $10.99.)