Re: online resources

  • Davis Ford
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 1998

      > Lowfish/David Kristian split 12" on suction
      > Lowfish/Solvent split 12" on suction

      Yeah, actually I just ordered these two things as well as Cricklewood from
      modermusic.com...actually yesterday right before I posted my message to this
      list. I also blindly ordered some new operation on Warp called "Board of
      Canada"
      I think, which the people that run the website claim was just about the best
      record of 1998 so far. I was impressed with their selection, so I trusted their
      judgement. Anyone know anything about this?

      That beakbeatscience.com site also has a split between Kristian and Squarepusher
      that looked good. Anybody heard this?

      Hey, how's the new issue? I finally subscribed, instead of buying it off the
      stand. This will be my first issue for the subscription (w/Sonic Youth)...does
      anybody in the States subscribe, and if so..how long is the lag. I've heard bad
      things about this...like the magazine comes a month+ late.

      Thanks to everyone else for the record store suggestions

      davis
    • John Gibson
      Message 2 of 9 , May 5, 1998
        > Hey, how's the new issue? I finally subscribed, instead of buying it off the
        > stand. This will be my first issue for the subscription (w/Sonic
        Youth)...does
        > anybody in the States subscribe, and if so..how long is the lag. I've heard
        bad
        > things about this...like the magazine comes a month+ late.
        >
        > Thanks to everyone else for the record store suggestions
        >
        > davis

        Hi Davis, I'd like to tell you what the new issue's like and it was
        due out on April 28th here but I can't find the bastard anywhere in
        Newcastle!

        Distribution going down the pan?

        JOHN

        > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
        > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
        > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.

      • Steve81778
        Message 3 of 9 , May 5, 1998
          BoC had a 12" on skam last year (skam is run by an (now ex?) friend of
          Autechre named andy maddocks. skam has releases by BoC, Jega, Gescom, Bola,
          Freeform and Lego Feet...all limited releases and all that...

          BoC have now become the next big thing, which I don't really
          understand...don't get me wrong, they're damn good (I have their album and
          skam 12" plus a cd-r of their first (rare as fuck) 12") but I just don't get
          the hype...really mellow melodies with hip hop beats, and on the skam 12", a
          tad bit of electro...(don't get me wrong though, this isn't "trip-hop"
          bullshit)

          PJ from modern music is all over BoC...

          for the next big thing though, I'm banking on Jega...he has a 12" and CD/LP
          coming out soon on planet U (mike paradinas' label, aka mu-Ziq)

          he has 2 12"s out on skam...his stuff is pretty inconsistent right now, but
          check out his tracks on the mealtime and 0161 comps (and I think he did the
          "funny" hidden track on the skampler disc as well as the hidden track on the
          0161 comp...)

          later
          steve

          ps-please any this heat fans help me track down the 'canterbury dream' label
          bootlegs

        • dgromfin@xxxxxxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 1998
            I've been a US subscriber for a few years and while the service in the past has
            been spotty, now the mag comes to me in the month before the issue date (like
            most
            other subscription mags). So I rec'd the May about 7-10 days ago.

            If you ever have problems with your sub, just email Ben House (his address is
            in
            the mag). He's really great and has solved problems for me in the past.

            Danny

            P.S. Anybody know where I can obtain a copy of the last Robert Wyatt CD
            "Shleep".
            Thanks.

            John Gibson wrote:

            > From: "John Gibson" <W.J.Gibson@...>
            >
            > > Hey, how's the new issue? I finally subscribed, instead of buying it off
            the
            > > stand. This will be my first issue for the subscription (w/Sonic
            > Youth)...does
            > > anybody in the States subscribe, and if so..how long is the lag. I've heard
            > bad
            > > things about this...like the magazine comes a month+ late.
            > >
            > > Thanks to everyone else for the record store suggestions
            > >
            > > davis
            > >

            > Hi Davis, I'd like to tell you what the new issue's like and it was
            > due out on April 28th here but I can't find the bastard anywhere in
            > Newcastle!
            >
            > Distribution going down the pan?
            >
            > JOHN

            > > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
            > > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
            > > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.

            > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
            > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
            > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.
          • Andrew Grant
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5, 1998
              >P.S. Anybody know where I can obtain a copy of the last Robert Wyatt CD
              >"Shleep".
              >Thanks.

              Try any of the major online CD stores -- I bought mine from CDNOW (it was
              only $10.99.)