Neu!

  • magnetophone
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 1999
      Well, I just heard Neu! albums should reissue later in the year by MUTE.

      Pascal.

      Pram:
      http://www.magnetophone.com/superchouette
    • Keith Hawley
      Message 2 of 9 , May 18, 1999
        hi.

        anybody on this list know anything about getting hold of stuff by Neu!?

        i'm a big fan of Can, Faust and Kraftwerk and had my appetite whetted by a
        book i just read about that scene.

        i've tried searches on all the standard internet CD places, but completely
        fruitlessly.

        is it possible it never made it to CD?
        in which case, can anyone give any pointers to vinyl dealers who may have it??

        thanxx.

        -- keith@... --
      • Mark Tobin
        Message 3 of 9 , May 19, 1999
          I haven't looked specifically for Neu! stuff but I'm almost positive that
          Rough Trade in Neal's Yard, London has a few CDs. They also have mail order
          and an internet site (not sure of either the relevant phone numbers or the
          URL) so if you can't get there physically you can always get them to ship
          'em out to you.

          PS. Humble pie time: yep Dando it was, not Hutchence at all. What an arse!

          Mark Tobin
          News Editor

          Incisive Research, Timothy Benn Publishing, 39 Earlham Street, Covent
          Garden, London, WC2H 9LD

          Direct - 0171 306 7011
          Fax - 0171 306 7112
          E-mail - markt@...

          ----------
          >From: Keith Hawley <keith@...>
          >To: thewire@onelist.com
          >Subject: [thewire] Neu!
          >Date: Tue, May 18, 1999, 11:06 pm
          >

          >From: Keith Hawley <keith@...>
          >
          >hi.
          >
          >anybody on this list know anything about getting hold of stuff by Neu!?
          >
          >i'm a big fan of Can, Faust and Kraftwerk and had my appetite whetted by a
          >book i just read about that scene.
          >
          >i've tried searches on all the standard internet CD places, but completely
          >fruitlessly.
          >
          >is it possible it never made it to CD?
          >in which case, can anyone give any pointers to vinyl dealers who may have
          it??

          >thanxx.

          >-- keith@... --

        • Andrew Cox
          Message 4 of 9 , May 19, 1999
            Yep, Rough Trade usually have them - www.roughtrade.com

            Neu! 75 is a good place to start, but avoid the Captain Trip stuff. Forced
            Exposure have some Harmonia (Neu! with Cluster) which are well worth
            getting.

            > I haven't looked specifically for Neu! stuff but I'm almost positive that
            > Rough Trade in Neal's Yard, London has a few CDs. They also have mail
            order
            > and an internet site (not sure of either the relevant phone numbers or the
            > URL) so if you can't get there physically you can always get them to ship
            > 'em out to you.
            >
            > PS. Humble pie time: yep Dando it was, not Hutchence at all. What an arse!
            >

            > Mark Tobin
            > News Editor
            >
            > Incisive Research, Timothy Benn Publishing, 39 Earlham Street, Covent
            > Garden, London, WC2H 9LD
            >
            > Direct - 0171 306 7011
            > Fax - 0171 306 7112
            > E-mail - markt@...
            >
            > ----------
            > >From: Keith Hawley <keith@...>
            > >To: thewire@onelist.com
            > >Subject: [thewire] Neu!
            > >Date: Tue, May 18, 1999, 11:06 pm
            > >

            > >From: Keith Hawley <keith@...>
            > >
            > >hi.
            > >
            > >anybody on this list know anything about getting hold of stuff by Neu!?
            > >
            > >i'm a big fan of Can, Faust and Kraftwerk and had my appetite whetted by
            > >book i just read about that scene.
            > >
            > >i've tried searches on all the standard internet CD places, but
            completely
            > >fruitlessly.
            > >
            > >is it possible it never made it to CD?
            > >in which case, can anyone give any pointers to vinyl dealers who may have
            > it??
            > >
            > >thanxx.
            > >

            > >----------------------------------------
            > >-- keith@... --

          • philT
            Message 5 of 9 , May 19, 1999

              > Neu! 75 is a good place to start, but avoid the Captain Trip stuff. Forced
              > Exposure have some Harmonia (Neu! with Cluster) which are well worth
              > getting.

              Any NEU! cd you find will be a bootleg, dumped from vinyl and, usually
              with some imperfections. Klause Dinger is still refusing to get a
              'proper' cd release due to a continuous, virulent feud with Michael
              Rother. After 3 years of enquiring about this subject, and after last
              years Krautrock 'resurgence' [the perfect time to release them wouldn't
              you say?], I've given up on ever seeing high quality versions whilst
              Rother is alive. Seeing as how my vinyl copies are almost unplayable
              now, I'll be shelling out for the boots soonish.

              :philT:
            • Andy Wilson

                The 'Black Forest Gateau' compilation on Cherry Red would be a great
                place to start - but you'd be looking in Second Hand shops to get
                it........

                - ------------------------------------
                Andy Wilson
                Technical Director
                ZINC
                http://andyw.zinc.co.uk/
                http://www.zinc.co.uk/
                97 Charlotte Street
                London W1P 1LB
                T: 0171 533 0519
                T: 0171 533 0533
                M: 0956 902 438
                F: 0171 533 0534
                - ------------------------------------

                http://www.msu.edu/user/forddavi/wirelist.html

                - -
                > Looking to expand your world?
                > http://www.onelist.com
                > ONElist has nearly 150,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!

                - -
                > TheWire List Info Page:
                http://www.msu.edu/user/forddavi/wirelist.html

                With more than 17 million e-mails exchanged daily...
                http://www.onelist.com
                ...ONElist is THE place where the world talks!

              • Jason Bucklin
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 22, 2000
                  I'm trying to find any information about the band, Neu. I've searched on
                  several search engines, tried all the obvious online cd shops and have
                  found nothing. If anyone knows of any websites---especially ones where I
                  could possibly purchase their CDs---I'd be very grateful.

                  Jason
                • David Cotner
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 2, 2000
                    Hello to you.

                    Someone inquired recently about:

                    "Exciting news in the new Wire that the first 3 albums are about to be properly
                    re-released. Cool, some of us, ahem, younger listeners can now listen without
                    wading through the dodgy bootleg ambience (hmm, will we miss it? - what is that,
                    post-something or other).

                    So, who knows more? Will there be a vinyl issue?"

                    Michael Rother says:

                    "Dear David

                    We are busy working on the preparations for the release of the
                    three 70ies NEU! albums. The label Grönland is just being set
                    up and they have opened their office in London.

                    Grönland Ltd.
                    c/o Rene Renner
                    5 Albert Street
                    London NW1 7LU, ENGLAND
                    44/20-7387 9834 fon
                    44/20-7387 9837 facs

                    E-mail address to follow soon. They will be starting a website
                    about
                    NEU!, too.

                    Release date of the albums is scheduled for January 2001 so as to
                    give us enough time for all the actions (video, cd-ROM, single,
                    promotional work etc.).

                    We´ll keep in touch."

                    At last report, Anton Corbijn had taken photos of Mr. Rother and Mr. Dinger
                    for such publicities...

                    Sincerely,

                    David Cotner,
                    \\\

                    http://www.hertz-lion.com
                  • Big Block 454
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
                      Will the Gronland label just be for Neu! reissues, or for other bands
                      as well ?

                      By the way, I already have Neu! 1 on CD, which I bought at Piccadilly
                      Records about a year ago. It has no label details, just a number
                      (941025). Is this a bootleg or what ? The quality seems ok to me.

                      Cheers,
                      Colin

                      Big Block 454, Manchester, England

                      The Official Big Block 454 Non-Ironic Web Site
                      http://www.bigblock454.mcmail.com
                      mp3.com
                      http://www.mp3.com/bigblock454
                      Vitaminic