Producer asks Your fav CD recorder

  • AcoustiCDigest editors
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 1999
      I'm considering buying a Philips CDR760BK recorder for
      distribution of our radio programs. ($449.99 USA) We
      have been using R-DATS and feel this would cut costs
      dramatically. I would appreciate any comments from
      anyone who has used this unit or similar CD recorders.

      With thanks,
      -Rod Tijerina
      ===
      We promote Classical and New Age Music. Would you
      Please put us on your e-mail list. Promo CDs to:
      AcoustiCDigest/Radio Prod. P.O.Box 16221 Tucson AZ 85732
      Acoustic & Classical Music Directories http://AcoustiCD.com
      CD sales at http://mycdstore.com
    • Davis Ford
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 1999
        > I'm considering buying a Philips CDR760BK recorder for
        > distribution of our radio programs. ($449.99 USA) We
        > have been using R-DATS and feel this would cut costs
        > dramatically. I would appreciate any comments from
        > anyone who has used this unit or similar CD recorders.
        >
        > With thanks,
        > -Rod Tijerina

        I just bought one. I've never used a Phillips, but I've used Yamaha's
        extensively where I work, and I just purchased the Yamaha YCR4416SX, which
        is an external SCSI 4X write, 4X re-write, and 16X read. It works great so
        far. Yamaha has a very good rep for CD burners. The cheapest price I found
        was US $345 at www.dirtcheapdrives.com . Of course, you'll need SCSI
        interface on the computer end. MAC's have built in SCSI, but with a PC
        you'll need a SCSI card. I'd recommend any Adaptec card. www.buycomp.com
        has plenty of them at very cheap prices. One good benchmark for hardware
        and software products is to search DejaNews (www.dejanews.com) for the model
        number you're interested in. There, you'll find real people with real (good
        or bad) experiences regarding the model you're looking for. Be wary of
        reviews in big corporate mags, as they sometimes are affiliated or make
        deals with hardware companies, and the reviews can get slanted. Hope this
        helps.

        Davis
      • Nick Rothwell
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 1999
          > > I'm considering buying a Philips CDR760BK recorder for
          > > distribution of our radio programs.

          > I just bought one.

          I assume this isn't one of the units that requires expensive
          "consumer" CD-R blanks...?

          --

          Nick Rothwell Cassiel.com Limited
          nick@... www.cassiel.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 1999
            > > > I'm considering buying a Philips CDR760BK recorder for
            > > > distribution of our radio programs.
            >
            > > I just bought one.
            >
            > I assume this isn't one of the units that requires expensive
            > "consumer" CD-R blanks...?

            I picked up a box of 30 Kodak gold blanks for US $38. Cheap.

            davis