over and out

  • Dr Erica Sheen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29 8:39 AM
      Thank you for this, but don't be so fucking rude, and don't make threats.
      FYI, other lists use a one-line command of the type UNSUBSCRIBE THEWIRE etc
      etc. When I enquired about this list I wasn't given *any* info. of any kind.
      I was simply sent a message saying I'd been subscribed. So maybe part of
      this is *your* problem (and, boy, do you seem to have one).

      > > > There�s a link AT THE END OF EVERY MAIL from this list
      > > pointing to the
      > > > Onelist site.
      > > > Log in, go to your Member Center and unsubscribe.
      > > > I mean, Christ, how did all these people get here in the first
      > place
      > > > ????
      > > > This is really starting to get annoying.
      > >

      > > Yeah, I agree, so LISTEN THE FUCK UP:
      > >
      > > Follow the WIRE LIST INFO LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS MESSAGE
      > > BECAUSE IT
      > > TELLS YOU IN MICKEY MOUSE TERMS HOW TO GET OFF THE LIST. IF
      > > YOU POST TO THE
      > > LIST ASKING HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE I WILL PERSONALLY TRACK YOU DOWN AND
      > > SUBSCRIBE YOU TO AS MANY ONELIST MAILING LISTS AS I CAN FIND,
      > > SO YOU'LL BE
      > > FORCED TO FIGURE IT OUT, AND SPEND THE BETTER HALF OF 1999
      > > UNSUBSCRIBING
      > > FROM EACH ONE.
      > >
      > > In the interest of the list, DETAILED (read for naive,
      > > illiterate morons)
      > > descriptions on how to unsusbcribe will be ADDED to the
      > > message that one
      > > gets when subscribing so after this public RANT, and the new
      > "WELCOME"
      > > message you get when subscribing, EVERYONE should now be covered.
      > >
      > > Apologies for the tirade, but I'm sure everyone is getting
      > > really sick of
      > > this, so hopefully we won't be bothered by it anymore.
      > >
      > > davis
    • Davis Ford
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 1999
        > From: "Dr Erica Sheen" <e.sheen@...>
        >
        > Thank you for this, but don't be so fucking rude, and don't make threats.
        > FYI, other lists use a one-line command of the type UNSUBSCRIBE THEWIRE
        etc
        > etc. When I enquired about this list I wasn't given *any* info. of any
        kind.
        > I was simply sent a message saying I'd been subscribed. So maybe part of
        > this is *your* problem (and, boy, do you seem to have one).

        Listen, ok. Apologize for the rant again, but this has been an ongoing
        problem. Previously, a message was tacked onto every message that said: "To
        Unsusbcribe from this list or to change to digest mode visit: http:URL,
        etc." and people STILL kept asking how to unsubscribe. The message they
        posted to the list asking how to unsubscribe was immediately followed by the
        text: "To unsubscribe, etc..." It was comical, and then it got repeatedly
        irritating.

        I don't have control over it other than that. This mailing list is being
        hosted by a company called OneList, and they determine the unsubscribe
        procedure, so sorry I can't add a 'magic button' to every post to let people
        unsubscribe. I really didn't think it was such a crypic process, but
        apparently, I'm wrong. I've tried to make it as simple as possible.

        As far as threats go, that was a joke, my friend...and yeah, I've got lots
        of problems, but I'm not going to detail them here. Hopefully this is the
        last we'll hear of this topic, so let's just kill it now...

        davis