Re: Current reminder

  • Steven Tayor
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 1999
      Im pretty positive there was no Victor Grauer film on that night.
      Although there is a Sonic Concrete 'spillover' sometime which includes Tony
      Conrad's 'Flicker' film, maybe it will be shown then? Who is Victor Grauer btw?...

      Steve

      Cummings wrote:

      > From: Cummings <r_t_cummings@...>
      >
      > Just curious: did you see the Victor Grauer film? Any comments?
      >
      > -the man cable-
      >
      > Steven Tayor schrieb:
      > > <snipper> ...
      > > </snipper>
      > >
      > > 'Coming Attractions' (featuring the music of Terry Riley, Charlemagne
      > > Palestine, La Monte Young and Alvin Curran and more) Directed by Tony
      > > Conrad...
      > > Wasnt quite what i expected! But then my only exposure to Tony conrad is
      > > through the 'early minimalism' boxset... I didnt realise he was such a hippy
      > > ;-) i liked the flickery/fucked up bits though.. all though the dressing up
      > > in funny costumes and prancing was a bit lost on me! But luckily there was
      > > nudity to keep things rolling over nicely...
      > >
      > > Oh and there was 'Invasion of the Thunderbolt Pagoda' ... hmm even the
      > > nudity didnt keep this rolling over nicely.. although it was maybe a bit
      > > more consistent than 'Coming attr.', consistently dull, some nice photgraphy
      > > reflected in Mercury.. but thats about it. It was introduced by an old hippy
      > > chick... but i dont think she was used to an English audience, and should
      > > probably just stay in her NY loft these days ..Lux baby..... Lux
      > >
      > > Steve

    • The Wire
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18 7:18 AM
        CURRENT

        The Wire's space for live experimental, electronic-slanted musics and
        vanguard sounds on vinyl presents:

        FUNKSTORUNG (!K7/Musik Aus Strom/Fat Cat)

        ANTENNA FARM (Fat Cat)

        THE WIRE SOUND SYSTEM (Resident DJs)

        Live UK debut of FUNKSTORUNG, south Germany's answer to Autechre, who have
        remixed tracks for the likes of Wu Tang Clan and Bjork, run their own Musik
        Aus Strom label, and have a remix album out now on !K7. Funkstorung are
        joined by ANTENNA FARM - members of the Fat Cat label crew mash up
        crumbling electronica, noise and concrete tapes. Plus: host DJs THE WIRE
        SOUND SYSTEM spin a morphing mix of Cologne and Berlin pulse Techno, skewed
        Matmos-type sampladelia, glitch-tronics, rewired guitars, and more.
        [NB: CHASM will not be performing as previously advertised. For personal
        reasons, Robert Hampson has had to cancel all engagements]

        Venue: London Crossbar, Pentonville Road (next to King's Cross Thameslink)
        Date: Thursday 20 May
        Time: 8pm-1am
        Tickets: 6/4 pounds
        Booking: 0171 837 3218
        Info: 0171 439 6422
        E-mail: the_wire@...

        THE WIRE Magazine: Adventures In Modern Music
        45-46 Poland Street London W1V 3DF UK
        Tel: +44 (0)171 439 6422 Fax: +44 (0)171 287 4767
        E-mail: the_wire@...
        Web: http://www.dfuse.com/the-wire
        Ads: +44 (0)171 494 1340 ads.wire@...