Re: Current reminder

  • Cummings
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 1999
      Just curious: did you see the Victor Grauer film? Any comments?

      -the man cable-

      Steven Tayor schrieb:
      > <snipper> ...
      > </snipper>
      >
      > 'Coming Attractions' (featuring the music of Terry Riley, Charlemagne
      > Palestine, La Monte Young and Alvin Curran and more) Directed by Tony
      > Conrad...
      > Wasnt quite what i expected! But then my only exposure to Tony conrad is
      > through the 'early minimalism' boxset... I didnt realise he was such a hippy
      > ;-) i liked the flickery/fucked up bits though.. all though the dressing up
      > in funny costumes and prancing was a bit lost on me! But luckily there was
      > nudity to keep things rolling over nicely...
      >
      > Oh and there was 'Invasion of the Thunderbolt Pagoda' ... hmm even the
      > nudity didnt keep this rolling over nicely.. although it was maybe a bit
      > more consistent than 'Coming attr.', consistently dull, some nice photgraphy
      > reflected in Mercury.. but thats about it. It was introduced by an old hippy
      > chick... but i dont think she was used to an English audience, and should
      > probably just stay in her NY loft these days ..Lux baby..... Lux
      >
      > Steve
    • Steven Tayor
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 1999
        Im pretty positive there was no Victor Grauer film on that night.
        Although there is a Sonic Concrete 'spillover' sometime which includes Tony
        Conrad's 'Flicker' film, maybe it will be shown then? Who is Victor Grauer btw?...

        Steve

        Cummings wrote:

        > From: Cummings <r_t_cummings@...>
        >
        > Just curious: did you see the Victor Grauer film? Any comments?
        >
        > -the man cable-
        >
        > Steven Tayor schrieb:
        > > <snipper> ...
        > > </snipper>
        > >
        > > 'Coming Attractions' (featuring the music of Terry Riley, Charlemagne
        > > Palestine, La Monte Young and Alvin Curran and more) Directed by Tony
        > > Conrad...
        > > Wasnt quite what i expected! But then my only exposure to Tony conrad is
        > > through the 'early minimalism' boxset... I didnt realise he was such a hippy
        > > ;-) i liked the flickery/fucked up bits though.. all though the dressing up
        > > in funny costumes and prancing was a bit lost on me! But luckily there was
        > > nudity to keep things rolling over nicely...
        > >
        > > Oh and there was 'Invasion of the Thunderbolt Pagoda' ... hmm even the
        > > nudity didnt keep this rolling over nicely.. although it was maybe a bit
        > > more consistent than 'Coming attr.', consistently dull, some nice photgraphy
        > > reflected in Mercury.. but thats about it. It was introduced by an old hippy
        > > chick... but i dont think she was used to an English audience, and should
        > > probably just stay in her NY loft these days ..Lux baby..... Lux
        > >
        > > Steve

      • The Wire
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 1999
          CURRENT

          The Wire's space for live experimental, electronic-slanted musics and
          vanguard sounds on vinyl presents:

          FUNKSTORUNG (!K7/Musik Aus Strom/Fat Cat)

          ANTENNA FARM (Fat Cat)

          THE WIRE SOUND SYSTEM (Resident DJs)

          Live UK debut of FUNKSTORUNG, south Germany's answer to Autechre, who have
          remixed tracks for the likes of Wu Tang Clan and Bjork, run their own Musik
          Aus Strom label, and have a remix album out now on !K7. Funkstorung are
          joined by ANTENNA FARM - members of the Fat Cat label crew mash up
          crumbling electronica, noise and concrete tapes. Plus: host DJs THE WIRE
          SOUND SYSTEM spin a morphing mix of Cologne and Berlin pulse Techno, skewed
          Matmos-type sampladelia, glitch-tronics, rewired guitars, and more.
          [NB: CHASM will not be performing as previously advertised. For personal
          reasons, Robert Hampson has had to cancel all engagements]

          Venue: London Crossbar, Pentonville Road (next to King's Cross Thameslink)
          Date: Thursday 20 May
          Time: 8pm-1am
          Tickets: 6/4 pounds
          Booking: 0171 837 3218
          Info: 0171 439 6422
          E-mail: the_wire@...

          THE WIRE Magazine: Adventures In Modern Music
          45-46 Poland Street London W1V 3DF UK
          Tel: +44 (0)171 439 6422 Fax: +44 (0)171 287 4767
          E-mail: the_wire@...
          Web: http://www.dfuse.com/the-wire
          Ads: +44 (0)171 494 1340 ads.wire@...