Re: noise annoys

  • John Everall
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 25, 1999
      I am not sure if this thread is leading anywhere. The only thing anybody
      is actually going to find truly unlistenable is something that is so
      utterly devoid of worth in any sense (subjective opinion) that it
      doesn't annoy, but rather is a minor irritant like a wasp that lands on
      your beer glass.
      My vote goes to Forced Exposure darlings, The A Band. They really are
      absolute shite. The fact that one of them stalked a female friend of
      mine & was imprisoned because of this doesn't even come into it. I just
      feel that what they do is inherently pointless...

      The Haters are good live. Terrible on record.
      MB was okay-ish (spot those Popul Vuh loops)

      I did find the final LFO album "unlistenable" - the track "Loch Ness"
      sounded like Big Country using synths. God, it was awful. Can't remember
      what the album was called as I destroyed the CD rather than let it ever
      enter my CD player again....

      regards,

      Several.
    • Oliver Brice
      Message 77 of 77 , May 23, 1999

        > >So, dear listmembers, I would like to open the floor to you all for
        >your votes on what is the most unlistenable /noisiest/cacophonous
        >record ever released. And why.
        >

        >AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        >If I see one more message inviting me to join electronic@onelist,
        >taking the piss out of M.E. Smith or asking what records are noisy, I
        >think I'm going to go mad. Maybe we could have a rule that one
        >should only post messages if one has a new questiuon to ask, or
        >something to say.
        >Ok, thats that off my chest,
        >Olie

        I don't know why messages I posted a month ago or so are suddenly appearing
        now, but sorry.
        Olie