Modulator Webring

  • bb454@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24 11:54 AM
      The Big Block 454 site
      http://www.bigblock454.mcmail.com
      is now part of the Modulator web ring, which can be accessed from the
      front page of our site.

      We have been looking at webrings for a while, and this seems to be the
      one most suited to our needs. There are at least 146 sites connected
      to this ring, and some seem very interesting indeed, so check them
      out.

      Here's an excerpt from the Modulator press release :

      I've recently set up a webring called modulator catering
      for the sound art, experimental & avant-garde, improv,
      noise, and electronic music communities.

      Our aim is to forge links and communication between
      related web sites and resources in these genres. I'm
      currently looking for sites in these fields to join the ring
      and make it grow into a valuable resource on the Net.

      Current members of the ring range from dance companies
      to easy listening fanatics, to electronic/punk sites,
      record labels, magazines and sound installation
      artists...and of course personal homepages too!

      I set this ring up because really there isn't
      anything like it on the web. There are webrings attached to
      specific *genres*, but nothing adequately spans the range of
      new music that say, The Wire, or some of the smaller zines do
      every month. Surely the power of the internet is
      cross-fertilization and communication?, and I think we need
      more resources that embrace a wide range of related sound
      rather than just one band or style.

      The key to this is that there is quite a large community of
      musicians, magazines and resources working in the field of
      experimental, avant garde and electronic sound, but they are
      scattered all over the Net, from Alaska to Australia. I would
      like to link these people together, and help create some form
      of community, interaction and communication between these web
      sites. Too many sites seem like lonely frontier outposts on the
      web, and I'd like to change that.

      The webring website contains information on how to join,
      ring graphics, code and member information.

      future plans I have plans to create modulator magazine,
      a web-only magazine that contains in-depth,
      knowledgeable, and sometimes strange, insane and
      wonderful articles about exploring sound, noise.
      electronics and new music. I'm looking for authors willing to
      get their name up in electrons and write on the fringes of
      sound...

      I've tried to keep this webring as friendly and as easy to use
      as possible, and we are always looking for new members to join
      our ring. So visit the join modulator page and submit your
      site!
      Colin, Big Block 454, Manchester, England
      The Official Big Block 454 Non-Ironic Web Site
      http://www.bigblock454.mcmail.com
      Raspberry Records
      http://www.raspberryrecords.com
      Email :