ilmaljabrwalmukabalah

  • rfaith
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 1999
      noise annoys:
      i find
      Ich Schnitt Mich In Den Finger
      on mego unlistenable through sheer
      disbelief at how uninvolving it is
      it's akita (merzbow) with friends
      in a studio jam
      and shows how crap he is
      revealed to be
      when not 'throwing a tantrum'
      his friend's theremin playing
      is tediously grating as well

      i have a cd by namanax on release records
      called multiphase electrodynamics
      which was mastered completely beyond
      red book standards
      35 minutes of distorted static beats
      which are only made apparent for a
      few minutes, ten minutes in

      also in general
      anything with screaming on it
      frank zappa with his
      'i'm being funny/ironic now in case you were too thick too guess"
      singing

      al-jabr
      v/a vs disinformation
      ash(rip) 4.3
      -
      listened to via crappy earphones from cd-rom drive
      (negating much of low f hum)
      -
      evan parker
      static hum
      door opening type sax
      soft noodling and silky drones redolent of
      windscale 2 by sq.pshr but much eerier
      prickly gestures and noise wash
      bleed into sweeping sax and static
      a ghost town kasbah
      best track in my opinion - play loud/scare your cat.
      -
      tactile
      a bit self-effacing; much of it
      obliterated by the air conditioning -
      dripping rainwater beats merge into pulsing
      high f tones, ever present hum
      all sounds transformed slowly
      (a bit like maser or haloform by main perhaps)
      an 'immersive' track that seems too short for it's own good
      (repeat play i think)
      like a jelly it wobbles nicely but doesn't go a long way
      in this environment - nice with my hands
      over my ear(phone)s - but then i can't work.
      -
      jim o'rourke
      quiet fragmented samples
      tumbling across a tin tray
      &
      prickles and flicks
      (like an anorexic farmers manual
      or how the hype makes pole seem w/out the dub)
      then
      "get carter" (really) strings over guitar noise
      -
      simon fisher turner
      chopped noise fragments
      lightning whistles
      dynamo type noise chopped into beats
      metallic synth sounds against radio noise
      cheap industrial beats (sloppy snare sound)
      swimming pool (wet resonance)/ nintendo chirrups.
      -
      mechos
      click beats
      hum (ho-hum)
      different slices of atmospheric
      noise spliced together
      raising intensity of clicks into
      geiger counter like rasping
      and back again
      pops and clicks and popsandclicksndppsnclxpclk�
      -
      lawrence casserly
      twirling squeaky noise
      of various sorts
      (from four integrated disinformation tracks
      via max)
      have fun guessing what phenomena
      the sounds describe
      and the implications thereof
      -
      t:un[k] systems
      quiet hum and crackles
      (hard to hear below air conditioning)
      searchlight drones phase
      in and out of audibility
      delicate metallicky/electronic vignettes
      quietly booming low f sound
      like r ikeda in an opium haze
      very background (originally an installation track)
      is a non-conventional beauty

      rfaith