AW: [thewire] Re: Do these records exist?

  • Claus Moser
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 1999
      > > -Le Teur de la Lune du Meil (The Honeymoon Killers): Special Manubre (or
      > by
      > > any other title on the Belgian Kamikaze label - not the LP released on
      > > Crammed Discs)
      >
      > Are you referring to NYC gutter-trash band The Honeymoon Killers? If so,
      > I've been tracking down their stuff for years, and this is a new
      > one on me.
      > I own everything by them, and I've never heard anything closely resembling
      > this title.
      >
      > Davis

      No, these Honeymoon Killers a.k.a. Les Tueurs de la Lune de Miel were a
      Belgian New Wave band (late 70s, early 80s). There's a good resum� of the
      band's history on Crammed Disc's Website
      (http://www.crammed.be/crammed/Cra01301.htm), where you'll also find that
      Sp�cial Manubre did indeed exist: It was the first of the band's two albums.

      I own the second one, which the website quite accurately describes as "a
      cross between Jacques Brel and James White". It says on the bottom of the
      page that Crammed are planning re-releases of both albums - no date, though.

      Claus