Re: Do these records exist?

  • Benito Vergara
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 1999

      I'm afraid not -- it's probably the Holy Grail (or one of them) of
      unreleased film soundtracks. Since the film itself is in limbo as well, so
      is the soundtrack.* I'm sure someone else here can tell the
      ABKCO/Klein/Jodorowsky story better. (Someone on the DroneOn mailing list
      wrote that fragments from the soundtrack are apparently also found on a Don
      Cherry LP, whose title escapes me now.)

      But then again, the soundtrack to "The Wicker Man" was actually released, so
      miracles occasionally happen...

      Later,
      Ben

      *In the United States, at least: a quick look at the Don Cherry discography
      at http://www.rojac.co.at/0xc29e8c65_0x001ee7d7 shows this little item:

      Alexandro Jodorowsky: The holy mountain. (film on Laser Disc). 1973
      Nikkatsu NDH108, Amuse AML-0046 (J)

      The now-defunct Nikkatsu Video of Japan had pressed a laserdisc edition(the
      film version of "The Holy Mountain" I saw had Japanese subtitles) which
      quickly went out of print, I believe; not sure what the "Amuse" reference
      is.