Re: Haino, Fushitsusha etc.

  • Fahad Khan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 1999
      At 17:06 02/03/99 +0000, you wrote:
      >From: "Melvyn Folkard" <folkard@...>
      >
      >I've only listened to a little of Haino's stuff, but I really like what
      >I've heard. I'd like to get some of his back catalogue, but don't know
      >where to start. Can anybody recommend the 'must-have' Haino CDs to begin my
      >collection?
      >
      >Mel
      >

      >I would say that the best place to start for any one is Allegorical
      Misunderstanding on Avant , this is almost like a begginers guide to some
      of Hainos' more psychedelic flourishes especially the last track. Also good
      is pathetique which has some amazing use of structure and complete mindfuc
      on the last track, also amazing is The Caution Appears and their second dbl
      live as well as the live albums like Gold Blood. For begginers in his solo
      stuff you should try Watashi Dake, especially the last bonus track, his
      collab(s) with Peter Brotzman, Kan Mikami and Loren MazzaCane Conors, his
      hurdy gurdy stuff. I f you're more adventurous try his Nijiumu stuff. I
      know some of the stuffs expensive so if you're not loaded try to get a hold
      of the albums that you most see mention of around, but trying buying one
      mentioned above and listening intently.
    • Oliver Brice
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 1999
        Can anybody recommend the 'must-have' Haino CDs to begin my
        >collection?

        "The Caution Appears" by Fushisusha is really extraordinary. Fushisusha
        fans should check out Ascension, the duo of Stefan Jaworzyn (guitar) and
        Tony Irving (drums), brilliant noisy improv.
        Olie