sheetmusic

  • pathos
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 11:16 PM
      Hi everybody,

      Although it'll undoubtedly slow down the production of my own music
      further, I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of the "Mystery
      Sonatas" Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber. They seem to be fairly unavailable
      commercially, but as Tony Conrad once had a good experience with them,
      they sound worth checking out.

      If anybody has a copy, I'd be willing to negotiate.

      sincerely, M. pathos
    • Matthew Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 9:09 AM
        At 03:16 AM 3/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
        >From: pathos <mpathos@...>
        >
        >Hi everybody,
        >
        >Although it'll undoubtedly slow down the production of my own music
        >further, I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of the "Mystery
        >Sonatas" Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber. They seem to be fairly unavailable
        >commercially, but as Tony Conrad once had a good experience with them,
        >they sound worth checking out.
        >
        >If anybody has a copy, I'd be willing to negotiate.
        >
        >sincerely, M. pathos

        Your best bet is to get it from a library. If you're affiliated with an
        academic institution, you should be able to get a copy easily through
        inter-library loan; some larger public libraries also participate in ILL.

        There is a Universal-Edition from 1923 that seems fairly common and
        shouldn't be too expensive if you find it used. Further complicating the
        matter, these pieces are known by a couple of other titles: the "Rosary"
        Sonatas, or the Funfzehn Mysterien fur Violine und Klavier nach
        Kupferstichen biblischer Historien, for example.

        Good luck in your search.

        Matthew Weber
        Library Assistant III
        Music Library
        University of California, Berkeley

        Joyous distrust is a sign of health. Everything absolute belongs to
        pathology.
        Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), notes for _The Will to Power_ (1883-1888)