Re: studio (re)visionism

  • Randy Gelling
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 1999
      On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Rhys Chatham wrote:

      > Rhys Chatham <Rhys.Chatham@...>

      > Other business: Is Pauline Oliveros' piece, I of IV, considered to be in
      > the minimalist genre? I always thought of it as the grandmother of all
      > feedback/loop pieces and hadn't considered its minimalist aspect. Thanks.

      I of IV is simply great. I'm not really interested in the minimalist
      debate, but also, what about Oliveros' use of the turntable as a collage
      instrument in the equally beautiful Bye, Bye Butterfly? I still think
      she hasn't been given the wider recognition she is deserving. What about
      a Wire primer? Has one been done?