Rapoon

  • Alex Stone
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 1999
      Just been listening to The Fires of the Borderlands by Rapoon. Not heard
      any before. Is this what Rapoon generally sounds like? What else is good?

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Alex Stone

      Concepts/Copy/Design

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    • Randy Gelling
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 1999
        On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Alex Stone wrote:

        > From: Alex Stone <alex@astone.u-net.com>
        >
        > Just been listening to The Fires of the Borderlands by Rapoon. Not heard
        > any before. Is this what Rapoon generally sounds like? What else is good?
        >
        > I own an excellent double CD set put out by Soleilmoon whose name
        escapes me for the moment--I'll check if you want, just e-mail me
        directly. Fires of the Borderlands is a solid, fairly representable
        taste of what Rapoon does. There is very little variation from album to
        album, so I'd say that one CD is all that I'd ever buy. Not to put
        Rapoon down, I think everyone should own at least one copy, but until he
        develops some new technique or sounds one will do ya. I'd reccommend
        some of the related projects--zoviet france especially, along with Dead
        Voices on Air, etc.

        > ++++++++++++++++++++++++
        >
        > Alex Stone
        >
        > Concepts/Copy/Design
        >
        > ++++++++++++++++++++++++

      • Kristopher S. Handley
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2001
          Hope I haven't missed such a thread, but:

          Could anyone share opinions (and descriptions, if you have the
          inclination/gumption) on good places in for Rapoon's music? For myself...I
          haven't heard a note of Zoviet:France, so I can't compare, sorry.

          Thanks, best,

          ----s
        • Davis Ford
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2001
            buy any or all of them. they are all equally good and similar. sorry for
            the brevity, but i'm short on time, and doesn't look like anyone replied to
            you.

            davis

            check http://www.pretentious.net/rapoon