Pole

  • Occeno, Mike - Compton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 10:19 AM
      Can anyone tell me what Pole sounds like? Is it similar to the Maurizio dub
      type sound with skanky up-beat. Or is it just straight up lazy dark dub? I
      thought I'd inquire before buying any of his albums. Also, can anyone give
      me a recommendation or a warning against buying a Pacou album? Thanks.
    • Mark Coyle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 10:22 AM
        Hi

        >Can anyone tell me what Pole sounds like? Is it similar to the Maurizio
        dub
        >type sound with skanky up-beat. Or is it just straight up lazy dark dub?

        First album is pulsing and clicking noise, like the rhythmic bits of Oval
        plus synth dub bass.
        Second CD is more dub and slightly less of the pulsing and clicking. Even
        better to me.
        No drums on any of it. Occasional echoing sampled synths or guitar.
        Sparse, wonderful sound.

        cheers
        Mark