Re: ramleh

  • Matthew Weber
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
      At 04:16 PM 3/1/99 -0000, philip rhoads wrote:
      >I bought the fantastic 'Homeless' album by Ramleh yesterday because I
      remembered the name, knew there was some connection to some other cool
      music-makers, and 'cos it was 99p and now it is driving me mad trying to
      remember what the friggin' connection is. As there's very little info on the
      sleeve could someone please tell me who the hell they are/were and what
      other bands have they been in? I'm sure Philip Best has something to do with
      them but can't recall who he used to be involved with - was it someone like
      whitehouse. Aaarrrggggghhh! The perils of a wild youth seem to be memory
      loss and a love of all that is atonal.

      Ramleh is indeed related to (S/W)hitehouse. Philip Best was their
      boy-wonder member for a while (I think it was he who joined when he was 15
      or so).

      Speaking of ambivalence!

      Matthew Weber
      Library Assistant III
      Music Library
      University of California at Berkeley

      Which is it: is man one of God's blunders, or is God one of man's blunders?
      Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), notes for _The Will to Power_ (1883-1888)
    • DeeDee
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
        could someone please tell me who the hell they are/were and what other
        bands have they been in? I'm sure Philip Best has something to do with
        them but can't recall who he used to be involved with - was it someone
        like whitehouse.

        They did an ep with Nurse With Wound, "Caught From Behind", on Minus
        Habens Records, in 1990.Didn�t know they did more ? Tell me.

        Cheers,
        DeeDee
      • Tom_Mugridge@ipc.co.uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 1999
          Didn't Ramleh have some sort of connection with Skullflower too? At least I'm
          sure I saw them both on the same bill at the Bull & Gate once - sorry that's a
          bit vague. It's the old memory, you know - fading fast...
          tom
        • History of the futurE
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 1999
            Mr. Best has also been part of Consumer Electronics,
            Ax, and Skullflower.

            ===
            =-=History of the futurE=-=
            http://i.am/hotf