ramleh

  • philip rhoads
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
      I bought the fantastic 'Homeless' album by Ramleh yesterday because I remembered the name, knew there was some connection to some other cool music-makers, and 'cos it was 99p and now it is driving me mad trying to remember what the friggin' connection is. As there's very little info on the sleeve could someone please tell me who the hell they are/were and what other bands have they been in? I'm sure Philip Best has something to do with them but can't recall who he used to be involved with - was it someone like whitehouse. Aaarrrggggghhh! The perils of a wild youth seem to be memory loss and a love of all that is atonal.

      Philip
    • Matthew Weber
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
        At 04:16 PM 3/1/99 -0000, philip rhoads wrote:
        >I bought the fantastic 'Homeless' album by Ramleh yesterday because I
        remembered the name, knew there was some connection to some other cool
        music-makers, and 'cos it was 99p and now it is driving me mad trying to
        remember what the friggin' connection is. As there's very little info on the
        sleeve could someone please tell me who the hell they are/were and what
        other bands have they been in? I'm sure Philip Best has something to do with
        them but can't recall who he used to be involved with - was it someone like
        whitehouse. Aaarrrggggghhh! The perils of a wild youth seem to be memory
        loss and a love of all that is atonal.

        Ramleh is indeed related to (S/W)hitehouse. Philip Best was their
        boy-wonder member for a while (I think it was he who joined when he was 15
        or so).

        Speaking of ambivalence!

        Matthew Weber
        Library Assistant III
        Music Library
        University of California at Berkeley

        Which is it: is man one of God's blunders, or is God one of man's blunders?
        Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), notes for _The Will to Power_ (1883-1888)
      • DeeDee
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
          could someone please tell me who the hell they are/were and what other
          bands have they been in? I'm sure Philip Best has something to do with
          them but can't recall who he used to be involved with - was it someone
          like whitehouse.

          They did an ep with Nurse With Wound, "Caught From Behind", on Minus
          Habens Records, in 1990.Didn�t know they did more ? Tell me.

          Cheers,
          DeeDee
        • Tom_Mugridge@ipc.co.uk
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 1999
            Didn't Ramleh have some sort of connection with Skullflower too? At least I'm
            sure I saw them both on the same bill at the Bull & Gate once - sorry that's a
            bit vague. It's the old memory, you know - fading fast...
            tom
          • History of the futurE
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 1999
              Mr. Best has also been part of Consumer Electronics,
              Ax, and Skullflower.

              ===
              =-=History of the futurE=-=
              http://i.am/hotf