Re: Terry Riley

  • pm.carey@xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 1998
      Sid Smith <sid.smith@...> wrote (among other things):

      >Any one lese know of any other stuff by this combination
      >or by Scodanibbio solo?

      Scodanibbio just put out his first (I believe) solo double bass album.
      It's called "The Voyage That Never Ends" and it's on New Albion (NA 101).
      My copy is on its way to me now.

      -Patrick
    • Sid Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 1998
        Davis Ford wrote:

        > From: "Davis Ford" <forddavi@...>
        >
        > >Anyone else heard the beautiful Terry Riley / Stefano Scodanibbio CD
        > >Lazy Afternoon Among The Crocodiles ? Just got it today and I have to
        > >

        > Hey, what label is this on? I'd be interested in getting this. Anyone know
        > where I could purchase this online?
        >
        > davis

        It's on the AIAI label e-mail angelica@...
        It's distributed in the UK by RER Megacorp.

        This really is a beautiful album but very short. It's so blissful you
        just want it to last forever.

        Great news to see that they are going to finally release the original
        (and best) versions of Bryars Titanic and Jesus Blood. Am I the only one
        who thinks the Tom Waits version sucks ? Why did Bryars bother with that
        ? The money ?
      • Big Blue Engine
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 1998
          > Great news to see that they are going to finally release the original
          > (and best) versions of Bryars Titanic and Jesus Blood. Am I the only one
          > who thinks the Tom Waits version sucks ? Why did Bryars bother with that

          He did it because Tom Waits asked, the original was something he really
          liked, hey, if Tom Wait asked to work with me I'd be honoured, mind you
          can't see him wanting to help look after my three year old boy for the
          day though

          > ? The money ?

          Seems unlikely, why not get someone in who'd actually bring some in?

          Gordon