Re: [thewire] ADMIN: end of the list?

  • José María Bermejo
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
      Hello, I think that a mail list in 2008 is something sort of out of time.
      Why not end the list sharing the music forums, bbs, blogs somehow related to
      The Wire that we could use as an alternative.

      2008/6/25 Andrew Cox <thewire@...>:

      > Please don't kill the list (yet). All the music lists that I am on
      > seem to be going through a hiatus at the mo'. And I really don't know
      > why. There's loads of fantastic music out there. The problem has to be
      > amongst the contributors - the list needs a kick start...
      >
      > OK - here's an obvious subject for discussion - why aren't people
      > posting to the list?
      >
      > I'm currently listing to the Cilibrinas Do Eden album - finally released
      > after many years. It's a side project by Rita Lee of Os Mutantes,
      > recorded in 1973. And it is brilliant (and I'm not an Os Mutantes
      > fan). Recently I've been hunting down a lot of obscure stuff on You
      > Tube - it's amazing what one can find. For example:
      >
      > Slint - Good Morning, Captain
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJYQvOwokjU
      >
      > Etron Fou LeLoublan - Eva
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGjSL8Rpjbs
      >
      > The God Machine - Home
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsmq0UJa0ZI
      >
      > Enormously underrated band.
      >
      > Fujiya & Miyagi - Collarbone
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMBndXAaPrw
      >
      > etc., etc.
      >
      > Oh, and for cricket fans out there - Aggers and Johnners:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k0qZDdfvZk

      Un saludo,
      Pepe

    • jamie hills
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
        thanks for your efforts since conception,
        my advicekill it quick, stone dead, save it from a long and painful death

        best wishes

        To: thewire@yahoogroups.comFrom: jmbermejo@...: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:17:24 +0200Subject: Re: [thewire] ADMIN: end of the list?

        Hello, I think that a mail list in 2008 is something sort of out of time.Why not end the list sharing the music forums, bbs, blogs somehow related toThe Wire that we could use as an alternative.2008/6/25 Andrew Cox <thewire@...>:> Please don't kill the list (yet). All the music lists that I am on> seem to be going through a hiatus at the mo'. And I really don't know> why. There's loads of fantastic music out there. The problem has to be> amongst the contributors - the list needs a kick start...>> OK - here's an obvious subject for discussion - why aren't people> posting to the list?>> I'm currently listing to the Cilibrinas Do Eden album - finally released> after many years. It's a side project by Rita Lee of Os Mutantes,> recorded in 1973. And it is brilliant (and I'm not an Os Mutantes> fan). Recently I've been hunting down a lot of obscure stuff on You> Tube - it's amazing what one can find. For example:>> Slint - Good Morning, Captain>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJYQvOwokjU>> Etron Fou LeLoublan - Eva>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGjSL8Rpjbs>> The God Machine - Home>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsmq0UJa0ZI>> Enormously underrated band.>> Fujiya & Miyagi - Collarbone>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMBndXAaPrw>> etc., etc.>> Oh, and for cricket fans out there - Aggers and Johnners:>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k0qZDdfvZk>>> ------------------------------------>> _______________________________________________> the wire mailing list> post: thewire@yahoogroups.com> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thewire/Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>-- Un saludo,Pepe[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • Jon Attwood
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
          of course it'll be sad to see it go, but it's mostly (ab)used by people like
          me for advertising their wares these days, interesting as that may be for
          some, i can understand the decision - and second the thanks for your work

          jon/yellow6

          - y e l l o w 6 -
          <http://www.yellow6.com/> www.yellow6.com

          - make mine music -
          www.makeminemusic.co.uk <http://www.makeminemusic.co.uk/>

          - MySpace -
          www.myspace.com/jonyellow6

        • jamello@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
            i haven'tpaid attention to this lis in years, sorry.? is there a "the wire" board (maybe something like dissensus) where we can have discussion?? that seems easier email.

            jack

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 26, 2008
              There's the USENET group rec.music.experimental, which is even more
              dead that this list. See also alt.noise. I wonder where everybody has
              gone, or whether they've just stopped talking...

              Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 3:17:24 PM, José wrote:

              > Hello, I think that a mail list in 2008 is something sort of out of time.
              > Why not end the list sharing the music forums, bbs, blogs somehow related to
              > The Wire that we could use as an alternative.
            • Keith Berry
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                This list is worth keeping for the "Wreck This Mess" posts from I
                think Laurent Diouf. Always interesting & insightful, thank you for
                your words.

                Keith Berry
              • Andrew Cox
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                  Um... is this THE Keith Berry? If so, thank you for such wonderful
                  music. "The Ear That Was Sold To A Fish" is particularly superb.

                  Sunday, June 29, 2008, 11:30:29 AM, Keith wrote:

                  > This list is worth keeping for the "Wreck This Mess" posts from I
                  > think Laurent Diouf. Always interesting & insightful, thank you for
                  > your words.

                  > Keith Berry
                • Keith Berry
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 29, 2008
                    Thanks Andrew, Baz Nichols remixed some material of mine recently,
                    which I can recommend, goto
                    http://www.twoinchesofftheground.com/fourm.html

                    > Um... is this THE Keith Berry? If so, thank you for such wonderful
                    > music. "The Ear That Was Sold To A Fish" is particularly superb.
                    >

                    > Sunday, June 29, 2008, 11:30:29 AM, Keith wrote:
                    >
                    > > This list is worth keeping for the "Wreck This Mess" posts from I
                    > > think Laurent Diouf. Always interesting & insightful, thank you for
                    > > your words.
                    >
                    > > Keith Berry

                  • gradyfinklemyer
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 10, 2008