Wrecking Unnamed Purposeful Aimless Wandering

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2008

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: #1005: Unnamed Purposeful
      Aimless Wandering
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>
      11 Februari 2008 // 17.00-19.00

      Ranta > Vladislav Delay [1]
      Tingri: The Last Truck > Geir Jennsen [2]
      Schwebezahn > Lichtung [3]
      + Two Virgins > John Lennon & Yoko Ono [4]
      Chinese Base Camp: Near a Stone Shelter > Geir Jennsen [2]
      Palung: A Yak Caravan is Coming > Geir Jennsen [2]
      Prayer Wheel > Victor Chorobnik [5]
      Cho Oyu Base Camp: Morning > Geir Jennsen [2]
      Welcome Song > Difang [6]
      Space to Space / Sprinter > Iris Garrelfs [3]
      Gringo Grinder > Pan/Tone [7]
      Industrial Zone > Doctor L [8]
      It Must Be A Camel > Frank Zappa [9]
      Ghost in My Head > Doctor L [8]
      Echoes [exc] > Pink Floyd [10]
      + Sun Salutations > Shiva Rea [11]
      Echoes [exc] > Pink Floyd [10]
      + Standing Poses > Shiva Rea [11]
      Homegrown > Dubphonic [11a]
      Hands Up! > Doctor L [8]
      Hell with the Lid Off > Marjoe [12]
      My Insurance Man > My Insurance Man [13]
      Understanding Marx > Red Shadow [The Economics Rock & Roll Band] [14]

      [1] "Multila" on Efa Imports.
      [2] "Cho Oyu 8201m - Field Recordings from Tibet" on Touch
      [3] "Lichtung / Sprinter" Split 10" on Lichtung.
      [4] "Two Virgins" on Apple vinyl.
      [5] "Desert of Clouds" on Iris Light <www.irislight.co.uk>.
      [6] "Across the Yellow Earth" on Magic Stone.
      [7] "Gringo Grinder" on Revolver.
      [8] "Forgotten Tracks from the Hard Drive" on Pid.
      [9] "Hot Rats" on Bizarre vinyl 1969.
      [10] "Meddle" on Harvest vinyl 1971.
      [11] "Yoga Sanctuary" on Yogadventures / Tofucat 1999.
      [11a] "Smoke Signals" on Pid.
      [12] Infant evangelist genius of holy quackery.
      [13] Selling insurance philosophy the old-fashioned way via flexi-discs.
      [14] Selling Marx at a loss the old fashioned way via LP. The man's
      got a wallet & he's about to crack it open.

      o Fighting the shrink-wrap nature of time in a half-assed way. Just
      back from being away and it already seems like ages that I was
      absorbing Enlightenment art in Florence and taking pix of amazing
      details like Moorish styled manhole covers.

      o Part of the playlist delays involves too much paid work, less
      energy with summer heat, the attraction of sunlight, a new book
      contract for YODEL IN HIFI, doing stuff with daughter and partner.
      And that is not all: add in cynicism, despair, the distractive
      discourse of multi-media access, fiddling with a new computer, recent
      contact with blasts from the past, trying to actually WRITE, trying
      to farm out whole volumes of fiction onto an unsuspecting public and
      everyday realities.

      o I resist entering into arguments with people who claim the world is
      getting worse, although it probably is, these people claim 'things'
      were better in their own heyday - the 50s, 60s, 70s, and even the 80s
      and they are probably right but they usually come on so
      self-righteous as if they had such a large hand in the collective
      well-being rather than just being a piece of effluvia on a turbulent
      seaŠ

      o I have heard some incredible new, old and unusual sounds of late as
      my ears careen all over the audiosphere. From Iris Garrelfs always
      interesting explorations of that boundary where abandoned space meets
      wayward sound. But I also continue to explore the realm of how music
      [pop] both occupies and infects the nostalgia-inducing parts of our
      brains. Are these old songs as good as I remember them or was it a
      temporary coming together of circumstance, sound, need and hormones
      that is lost upon subsequent [30 years later!] listens.

      o Report says Curvy women may be a clever bet [good news for my
      partner!]: Women with curvy figures* are likely to be brighter than
      waif-like counterparts and may well produce more intelligent
      offspring, a US study suggests. Researchers studied 16,000 women and
      girls and found the more voluptuous performed better on cognitive
      tests - as did their children.

      * The bigger the difference between a woman's waist and hips the
      better. [i agree!]

      Researchers writing in Evolution and Human Behaviour speculated this
      was to do with fatty acids found on the hips. In this area, the fat
      is likely to be the much touted Omega-3, which could improve the
      woman's own mental abilities as well as those of her child during
      pregnancy. Men respond to the double enticement of both an
      intelligent partner and an intelligent child, the researchers at the
      Universities of Pittsburgh and California said. The findings appear
      to be borne out in the educational attainments of at least one of the
      UK's most famous curvaceous women, Nigella Lawson, who graduated from
      Oxford.

      But experts are not convinced by the findings. "On the fatty deposits
      being related to intelligence front, it's very hard to detangle that
      from other factors, such as social class, for instance, or diet,"
      said Martin Tovee of Newcastle University. And much as we logically
      like the idea that men are interested in the waist to hip ratio
      attractive, it actually features relatively low down the list of
      feature males look for in a potential partner."

      OTHER PATAPOE SHOWS:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop in a seance with reflection WAS on Radio Patapoe on
      Sundays 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o C2000: Whatever Whenever or aka yo momma, electropulp metal, we
      hate hippies, hardcore jumpstylemetal, hiphopmetal,
      punk-industrialmetal and meta-metal Mondays 20.30-22.30

      o Psychedelicatessen: obscure underground progressivica Sunday 20-24.

      o Radio Cognito: Mind & Existence Problems Thurs 18-20

      o No8ody: unformated*core, vr/ijly/stile*maz*up*zumbi*drones Saturdays 14-16.

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o H=Bass: Klas-zeike Herrie [classic-sickness noise] Sunday 14-17

      o Gelul met Krul: Bullshitting on the radio with intriguing guests
      Saturday 20-22

      o Stront [Shit]: noise, lo-fi experimenting Wednesday 18-22

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      CHECK THE ALL NEW WTM/bart WEBSITE
      with profiles, yodeling, john cage, allen ginsberg, beer mysticism,
      reviews, playlists, fiction, links
      www.bartplantenga.com