Wrecking Afro-ismic

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2008

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: #1003: Afro-ismic
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>
      28 Januari 2008 // 17.00-19.00 [yes, that's right]

      Sous les pavés la plage
      o May 1968 slogan [under the cobblestones lies the beach (or liberty)]

      Capitalist exploitation and cartels and monopolies are the enemies of
      underdeveloped countries. On the other hand ... a regime which is
      completely oriented towards the people as a whole and based on the
      principle that man is the most precious of all possessions, will
      allow us to go forward more quickly and more harmoniously, and thus
      make impossible that caricature of society where all economic and
      political power is held in the hands of a few who regard the nation
      as a whole with scorn and contempt.
      o Frantz Fanon

      When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are
      considered more important than people; the giant triplets of racism,
      militarism, and economic exploitation are incapable of being
      conquered. A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question
      the fairness and justice of many of our present policies...
      o Martin Luther King, Jr

      Watermelon Man > Herbie Hancock [Headhunter" on Columbia]
      Ghana-Guinee-Mali > E.T. Mensah [West African Gold / World Music Network]
      Aynotche Nesh > The Ex vs Getatchew Mekuia [Moa Anbessa / Terp]
      Kalendia Checkpoint > Kamran Rastegar [Periferico: Sounds from Beyond
      the Bubble courtesy 1/2-PanouPanou]
      Mensagem a Luanda > Dembo & Gama [Periferico: Sounds from Beyond the Bubble]
      Echoes > Leon Thomas [Spirit Known & Unknown / BMG-Bluebird]
      Bloodshot Eyes > Montego Beach Hotel Calypsonians [courtesy Black Sifichi]
      Lili Marlene > Kid Creole & the Coconuts [Off the Coast of Me / Ze]
      Beberu > Salim Abdulla with his Cuban Marimbas Band [single]
      When Elephants Roost in Bamboo Trees > Cats & the Fiddle [Start Jive
      Talkin - Complete Recordings / Dee Jay / courtesy Dr.Dr. Jazz]
      Where is My Man > Eartha Kitt [single / High Fashion-Dureco]
      Off the Coast of Me > Kid Creole & the Coconuts [Off the Coast of Me / Ze]
      Tutampiga > Vicious Teengirl [Extreme Music From Africa]
      No Rada No Rada > Petro Loa [Extreme Music From Africa]
      The Honey Harvest > Mbuti Pygmies [On the Edge of the Ituri Forest /
      SWP / swp-records.com]
      Under Mi Fat Thing > Anthony Red Rose [Dynamite! Dancehall Style]
      Certified Murderer > Kiprich [Dynamite! Dancehall Style]
      Junkyard > War [Superbad]
      We Real Cool > Gwendolyn Brooks [Poetry on Record]
      Get Together > Sade [Diamond Life / Epic]
      Deli > Rokia Traoré [Bowmboï / Nonesuch]
      Africa Talks to You / The Asphalt Jungle > Sly & the Family Stone
      [There's A Riot Goin' On / Epic]
      Iriarer > Etran Finatawa [Introducing Etran Finatawa / World Music Network]
      Birth Certificate Aint Nothin But a Death Warrant Anyway > Melvin van Peebles
      Whiskey Soda > Bembeya Jazz [West African Gold / World Music Network]
      Salim

      o It has been a long time since I finished a playlist. Life has a way
      of overwhelming rituals, habits and desires. Paid work is like a
      tsunami of busyness but as a freelancer you have to take what you can
      get. I continue to do my radio show although chaohave tic
      circumstances down in that mosquito-infested dank basement [hey it's
      underground!] almost led me to quit as equipment-human interface
      baffled all reason to continue. But like a heroin addict with a dirty
      bent needle, I continue. Radio continues to fascinate.

      o I bought a new Imac as well and so that has led to transition
      busyness as well. This purchase and other circumstances has led me to
      believe I need to change technological strategies here. I am not sure
      what the best way to approach this playlist thing. Create a blog
      space, post it there? I have a website, which is a little bit less
      interactive than I would have liked. It is actually a hermetically
      sealed blog. I guess I can post in there and then send out emails for
      people to GO to a link to view it. But I hate that. I hate e-cards
      for the same reason. You have to do so much work to 'receive' your
      greeting card. Globalization and service culture - well, the irony
      extends to there as well. The more of a service culture you have, the
      more you are actually expected to do yourself. I just edited a book
      on this service culture tautology. The more service a company offers
      or touts, the more of everything you are supposed to do yourself.
      Just look at airlines and self-ticketing, e-tix that you print out
      and then you check in with yourself at the airport. Anyway, I am at a
      crossroads here with this playlist thing. Any advice is gratefully
      accepted. Podcasts, blog lists, more audio samples and easier to
      access links to the artists I play and the fact that I don't want too
      many separate homes to upkeep. So I have a website [pimped up blog
      site] and I would like it to all emanate from there. Altho a little
      bungalow blog site wouldn't be bad if the 2 were linkedŠ

      o I continue to do theme shows altho some are difficult to discern
      and sometimes theme-less winging it can seem like a liberating
      strategy as well. I chose this show of Black because of all the
      'blackness' in the news in Africa, Zimbabwe, black US presidential
      candidate who to some offers hope of progressive change - not me. I
      think what he will have to prove as a black man democrat will be what
      all democrats face in the US - they have to prove their balls, their
      non-wimpy nerves and thus they end up often being more militaristic
      than their reptilocan counterparts. Being black will work like being
      a woman [Hillary wants to bomb iran] in power who have to prove their
      killer instinct doubly [Thatcher, Cordy Rice]. But what was really
      interesting with the China Olympic torch controversy other than the
      commerce vs consciousness struggles [see Clean Clothes Campaign
      website] was the comeback of Tommy Smith who in the 1968 Olympics
      upon winning the 200 and 400 meter sprints with 3rd place finisher
      John Carlos revealed black-gloved Black Power solidarity fists in
      defiance of the nationalism [vaguely-planned but mostly ad hoc] and
      racial policies/atmosphere of the US at that time. At 14 it was one
      of the most important image-symbols. He was recently the honored
      speaker on a Tibet debate lecture tour here in the Netherlands where
      he related all the problems, hate mail and death threats he received
      after his act of political conscience in the arena of the Olympics.
      The BBC interviewed him sympathetically at the time but the US media
      treated him as a pariah. He and Carlos were banned from the Olympic
      village and were banned from future athletic competitions. He was
      reviled and became unemployable but - and this is the amazing thing -
      he has no regrets for his action and would do it again and recommends
      that athletes go to the Games and do what their hearts/conscience
      tells them to do.

      o The tenuous anxiety drenched wobbly world economy was trully
      exposed by the entire sub-prime mortgage scam done by greedy scum to
      not-all-that-bright wannabe-home-owners. The subsequent collapse of
      this market has reverberated throughout the world. Just think, the
      greedy actions by a bunch of mortgage lenders. What comes out of
      this: the sentiment of Americans [many inc. my brother] is why should
      'we' bail these ibad credit rating idiots. The fact that the
      greediest of these bloodsuckers got away with it and royally has now
      been documented in our local/national Volkskrant newspaper that a
      handful of these pariahs actually earned some big bucks at the
      expense of a lot of people's grief. Hedgefund CEO John Paulson earned
      3.7 billion dollars in ONE year. George Soros earned 2.9 billion [but
      at least he funnels it right back into the victims' pockets - or so
      we would hope] while James Simons earned 2.8 billion dollars.
      Paulson's earnings are above that of Fiji, Bermuda, Barbados, Laos,
      Swaziland, yrgyzstan, Rwanda, Mongolia, and some 80 other countries.

      OTHER PATAPOE SHOWS:

      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop in a seance with reflection WAS on Radio Patapoe on
      Sundays 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time. STAY TUNED.

      o C2000: Whatever Whenever or aka yo momma, electropulp metal, we
      hate hippies, hardcore jumpstylemetal, hiphopmetal,
      punk-industrialmetal and meta-metal Mondays 20.30-22.30

      o Psycehdelicatessen: obscure underground progressivica Sunday 20-24.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen /kid /children /rugrats and other
      visionaries. Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o No8ody: unformated*core, vr/ijly/stile*maz*up*zumbi*drones Saturdays 14-16.

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o H=Bass: Klas-zeike Herrie [classic-sickness noise] Sunday 14-17

      o Gelul met Krul: Bullshitting on the radio with intriguing guests
      Saturday 20-22

      o Stront [Shit]: noise, lo-fi experimenting Wednesday 18-22

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      CHECK THE ALL NEW WTM/bart WEBSITE
      with profiles, yodeling, john cage, allen ginsberg, beer mysticism,
      reviews, playlists, fiction, links
      www.bartplantenga.com