Bebe & Louis Barron Interview on Echoes

  • John Diliberto
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2008
      Wednesday 04/23
      PIONEERS OF FORBIDDEN ELECTRONICS: BEBE & LOUIS BARRON
      Bebe Barron, one of the original pioneers of the electronic frontier
      , unplugs.
      Bebe & Louis Barron go back to the Conestoga days of electronic music
      when everything was DIY. They worked with John Cage and in 1957
      composed the score for Forbidden Planet. At the time, they were
      forbidden from submitting it for an Academy Award and they couldn't
      even get a film credit as composers because electronic music and
      instruments weren't recognized by the Academy. Louis died in 1989.
      Bebe Barron just passed on April 20th. We were fortunate to
      interview Bebe and Louis in the mid-1980s for our Totally Wired
      series. We return to that interview on Echoes.
      Check your local public radio station or got to www.echoes.org

      John Diliberto
      ((( (((echoes))) )))
      Producer/Host
      1-610-827-9600

      Read the Echoes Blog-Hear Echoes 24/7-Sign up for Echoes Interview
      Podcast, Join us at www.myspace.com/echoesspace
      http://www.echoes.org

      Mail To:
      Echoes