Wreck the swingin' singles

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 395 [993*]: Swingin' Singles
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      12 November 2007 // 17.00-19.00

      Blood & Fire Megamix > Fila Brazillia [1]
      *Chanting > Jim Nastic [2]
      Blessing > Barrington Levy [2]
      Girls version > Barrington Levy [2]
      Koun Shaqiq > Azzdine with Bill Laswell [3]
      Rejoicing Shank > Upsetters [2]
      *Version > General Echo [2]
      Dub of a Woman > King Tubby [4]
      Version > Dillinger [2]
      Photo > Lone Ranger [2]
      Chuck No Lucky > Big Youth
      Java Dub > Augustus Pablo [2]
      Champion Dub > roots Radics [2]
      *Hot Tip > Prince Django [2]
      Return of the Champ > Louis Lepke [2]
      Lambsbread Dub > Glen Brown vs King Tubby [5]
      Great Stone > King Tubby & Soul Syndicate featuring Prince Alla vs
      Zion Train [5]
      *Babylon dub > Upsetters [2]
      Waterhouse Rock > Big Youth vs Groove Corporation [1]
      Kingston > Lord Creator [2]
      Step It Up > Scientist vs Blackstar Liner [5]
      Political Conference > Big Youth [2]
      State Discipline > Professionals [2]
      *Steppin Dub > Revolutionaries [2]
      Double Warning > I-Roy vs Jah Wobble [5]
      Black Magic Dub > Dennis Brown [2]
      Guidance Dub > King Tubby featuring Horace Andy vs Seven Dub [5]
      Version > Soul Syndicate [2]
      Too Late > Augustus Pablo [2]
      *Chanting > Jim Nastic [2]

      [1] "Select Cuts from Blood & Fire Chapter Three" on Select Cuts
      <www.selectcuts.de>.

      [2] Delivered daughter MC Pal [aka DJ Oma] to "Professor Proef" a
      science and architecture initiative of a mother of one of her
      friends. Here kids gather and learn about basic science principles
      like balance and magnets and learn how to build a bridge. I am
      encouraging a hands-on project called build us a summer house in
      France. Ben, a contrabassist and artist, suggested we go into this
      strange antique / junk store on the Overtoom, a busy Amsterdam street
      [it is now vacated as of 4 January]. This unassuming store with its
      charming antique dressers in the windows, and weird Chinese
      remaindered products and bulk boxes of unsold novels, and trinkets
      from who knows where quickly became an incredible treasure chest. As
      I was browsing through REALLY BAD CDs, I noticed 3 boxes next to me
      filled with white sleeve 45s. Upon investigating further I noticed -
      lo and behold, a treasure chest full of old original Jamaican reggae
      45s [labels such as Studio 1, Education, Upsetter, Impact!, Clan
      Disc, Sunshot, Joe Gibbs, High Note] in very good condition and for a
      very good price. I did what I seldom do and bought a LOT - some 25 or
      so. The asterisked ones are particularly nice finds. Just looking at
      the exotic labels transports you to another world.

      [3] "King size Dub 11" on Echo Beach <www.echobeach.de>.

      [4] "Crucial Dub" on Delta Music.

      [5] "Select Cuts from Blood & Fire Chapter Two" on Select Cuts
      <www.selectcuts.de>.

      It was great to just spin a lot of vinyl, especially singles. Ah,
      that romantic eidetic sound of scratches and pops. Is it the aural
      equivalent of Proust's madeleine? I think so. In the new year now
      trying to catch up. Yes, the hurryder I go, the behinder I get. I
      remember some old coot telling me when I was a house painter in the
      summers after high school and in the first years of college. I was
      known as "the blonde Indian" because I had hippie long hair and my
      hide was as dark as an Indian's from working outside in the blazing
      sun. It was around that time that I discovered the world of real
      reggae beyond Eric Clapton and Paul SimonŠ And instantly, the beat
      seemed to befit my character and my job situation.

      But the hurryder I go the behinder I get. I will now try to catch up
      with distant playlists. And try to get to my end of year best of
      [LOTS!] and my grand 1000th radio show shebangŠ which I am now
      thinking may have already passed as I have a number of playlists to
      type up yet. The rituals that punctuate the end of the year or
      milestone anniversaries are fraught with memories, nostalgia,
      reassessment and revisionism. We'll see. Patapoe, despite its
      personnel problems [asocial pigs who leave the place a mess] is still
      going strong with live on-air broadcasts, on the internet and
      archived shows. Not bad considering everything we have has either
      been donated, found on the streets, handmade or repaired. Not bad for
      a place without infrastructure, without bureaucracy, without a PO
      Box, without a PR campaign, without advertising, without any
      professional attitudes, just totally winging it in an ad hoc
      autonomic way.

      ========

      OTHER PATAPOE SHOWS:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop in a seance with reflection. WAS on Radio Patapoe on
      Sundays 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o C2000: Whatever Whenever or aka yo momma, electropulp metal, we
      hate hippies, hardcore jumpstylemetal, hiphopmetal,
      punk-industrialmetal and meta-metal Mondays 20.30-22.30

      o Psycehdelicatessen: obscure underground progressivica Sunday 20-24.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen /kid /children /rugrats and other
      visionaries. Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o No8ody: unformated*core, vr/ijly/stile*maz*up*zumbi*drones Saturdays 14-16.

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o H=Bass: Klas-zeike Herrie [classic-sickness noise] Sunday 14-17

      o Gelul met Krul: Bullshitting on the radio with intriguing guests
      Saturday 20-22

      o Stront [Shit]: noise, lo-fi experimenting Wednesday 18-22

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      CHECK THE ALL NEW WTM/bart WEBSITE
      with profiles, yodeling, john cage, allen ginsberg, beer mysticism,
      reviews, playlists, fiction, links
      www.bartplantenga.com