WRECK: HelluvaWeen

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 394 [992*]: HelluvaWeen
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      5 november 2007 // 17.00-19.00

      "I need the noises of destruction"
      o Nick Lowe

      Dat Mistige Rooie Beest > Rogier van Otterloo vs Toots Thielmans [Turks Fruit]
      Experiment in Terror > Henry Mancini
      Na de Val > Rogier van Otterloo vs Toots Thielmans [Turks Fruit]
      Thunder > Pickwick Sound FX
      Bat in My Belfry Dub > Jack Dangers [Tino's Breaks 6: Halloween]
      Dogs > Pickwick Sound FX
      Wolfman Is Everywhere Dub > Jack Dangers
      Pet Sematary > Ramones [Greatest Hits]
      Spells > Jack Dangers
      You're Dead, Let's Disco > Beans [Shock City Maverick > Warp]
      Creaky Door > Pickwick Sound FX
      Heksencentrale > Rogier van Otterloo vs Toots Thielmans [Turks Fruit]
      Le Bal des Sorcieres > Lefdup & Lefdup
      Vampire Circus Dub > Jack Dangers
      Frankenstein's Monster Breaks Loose > Pickwick Sound FX
      Footsteps Dub > Jack Dangers vs Lee Scratch Perry
      Dead Coming Back > Night of the Living Dead
      Living Dead Dub > Jack Dangers
      Hit the Dead in the Head> Night of the Living Dead
      Zombie Walk Dub > Jack Dangers
      Spooky > the Ventures
      Suicide is Painless > the Mash [25 Jaar Pop Muziek]
      Eat Your Cat, Country Boy > Uw Hond
      Cats > Pickwick Sound FX
      Cry Baby > Erika Stucky [Heimatklange]
      666 Magik > Jad Wio [Histoire de Lilith von Sirius]
      Phantomland > High Tone
      A Night in a Haunted House > Pickwick Sound FX
      Tombstone Pharmacy > Fence Kitchen [Beading the Rook]
      "Singing Along with Animals" > Felix Kubin
      Prayer Ancestors > Huun Huur Tu [Heimatklänge]
      Shreck Factor 9 > Liminal [Nosferatu]
      Where Men Meet Themselves > Spectre [Psychic Wars]
      Murder CPB > [1] Kilo of Black Bondage [Fear the Windows]
      The Struggle Continues / Valour > Spectre [Psychic Wars]
      A Night in a Haunted House > Pickwick Sound FX
      Dark Matter [insidious breed of international bankers] > Spectre [Psychic Wars]
      Chase the Devil > ERS-One vs Max Romeo [Rude Rugged and Rough]
      Waiting for My Soul > Toupidek Limonade
      Lux > Marcel Deschenes
      I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass > Nick Lowe [Pure Pop for Now People]
      It's Halloween Dub > Jack Dangers

      o The above discs especially the Jack Dangers disc are all really
      good for a Halloween party because they are good music with cheesy
      samples or just songs or samples you would not automatically
      associate with Halloween. Surprise should be an element of the
      Halloween spirit.

      o With Halloween and 10 days later, Sint Martin, with kids in NL
      going door to door with lit lanterns to sing little songs for candy,
      you know it is REALLY Autumn. There is plenty of orange in the trees
      and stores, in clothing [especially NL] and you sense something
      satisfying, something glorious in the season of decay, denouement,
      and ageing. It is my favorite season as it is for many, in part
      because we do indulge a certain eternity, grand theme diorama that is
      called Autumn. We are standing on the stage of a play about maturing,
      ripening, ageing, regret, nostalgia - these are all awakened by the
      sights and smells of Autumn. If you have already done a lot of
      ecstatic living then during let us say more mundane periods your mind
      is automatically instructed to roll the films of back then and so you
      are living simultaneously in a world of fond memories and the
      present-day, one projected upon the other and vice versa into the
      future.

      We went to a Halloween party given by a gay couple in our building.
      Short commute after many devil's beverages certainly! D. is American
      and goes ALL out with everything in their home thematically geared
      towards Halloween, terror, black spiders, down to the paper napkins
      and hand towels and coasters and puke-like chili, and a skull covered
      in ham that looked like something from an anatomy lesson. Creepy
      movies, suspiciously colored consumables and scary music, cobwebs,
      and the piece de la resistance: horror movies with commentary from
      the various ghouls in the audience.

      Did I tell you my daughter went as a bee? In her little handbag, a
      squeeze bottle of honey with which she could dispense honey on the
      fingers of the man with no stomach or the two blind mice. And we? We
      went as Sonny & Cher. This was pretty scary. We actually pulled it
      off - very scary, indeed, cuz now I think I am evolving into the
      inner-Sonny that until now has lain dormant in the pit of my stomach
      - and we even memorized a few lines from "I Got You Babe" and "Bang
      Bang". You want to HEAR something scary then come hear us sing.
      Better yet, don't! In retrospect this was interesting. I tried to
      remember what sorts of costumes I had as a kid. I remember being a
      nerd in the 90s, a "Greedy Ghoul for Reagan" in 1984 in Asbury Park.
      That was scary! I was also a criminal, and in the late 1960s it was
      cool to be a beatnik or hippie - that was always easy, you just took
      the lining of your father's raincoat and wore it inside out for that
      fuzzy vest look. Anyway, the interesting thing was trying to be a
      hippie in 1968 or so and some 40 years later being a hippie [or at
      least a hippie wannabe] once again. In any case, the party was a
      blast.

      But what is scarier is what is happening around the world. Today
      [December 11], I read that in Basra some 40 'modern' women have
      simply been murdered because they did not abide by the strict
      fundamentalist rules guiding dress. The man who shot up a mega-church
      [imagine the Walmart of Faith] because he was refused entryŠ AnywayŠ
      And the man who held Clinton campaign workers to protest the lack of
      help there is available for poor psychiatric patients. Whether it is
      worse than 25 or 50 years ago I can't say. The speed and access we
      have give this impression because now you are right on top of all
      tragedies equally, the internet flattening and shrinking the world so
      that every horror story seems to be almost in your own backyard. This
      is probably good over all. But the notion that information is power
      is a bit of a joke. It is only the conversion of info into some
      praxis that counts otherwise it's a bit like every person is a vessel
      being filled up ad nauseum with info that does not connect and thus
      does not lead to understanding. I see it like this: people spend lots
      of money buying fast cars and then on the road they are restricted
      forever to speed limits that do not jumpstart their dying hearts.
      Frustrating because traffic, speed bumps, speed limits always prevent
      the car buyer from doing what he has purchased the car for - to speed
      and feel alive in a world and career where everything is done to
      deaden that feeling.

      That is what it is like: the info is frustratingly turned inward
      leading to anxiety, spiritual imbalance, psychosis, stress, violence
      and ulcers. Violence: you have seen mass murders in a number of
      'unlikely' places [not the big cities!] like peaceful rural areas,
      peaceful suburban malls, mega-churches, ScandinaviaŠ What is never
      brought into the analysis of WHY is probably one of the main causes
      for these mass murder sprees. The disappearance of adventure from
      daily life. The absence of challenge, of fitting into that life
      scheme and meeting that challenge. Everything is SOLD to us and
      buying [altho over 50% of Americans list that as their main hobby
      (its probably not much less here)] eventually bottoms out - there is
      no there there and so people not raised with the skills to thwart
      boredom succumb to it by trying one last desperate leap out of the
      miasma often with horrific consequences. Diatribe over.

      OTHER PATAPOE SHOWS:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop in a seance with reflection WAS on Radio Patapoe on
      Sundays 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o C2000: Whatever Whenever or aka yo momma, electropulp metal, we
      hate hippies, hardcore jumpstylemetal, hiphopmetal,
      punk-industrialmetal and meta-metal Mondays 20.30-22.30

      o Psycehdelicatessen: obscure underground progressivica Sunday 20-24.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen /kid /children /rugrats and other
      visionaries. Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o No8ody: unformated*core, vr/ijly/stile*maz*up*zumbi*drones Saturdays 14-16.

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o H=Bass: Klas-zeike Herrie [classic-sickness noise] Sunday 14-17

      o Gelul met Krul: Bullshitting on the radio with intriguing guests
      Saturday 20-22

      o Stront [Shit]: noise, lo-fi experimenting Wednesday 18-22

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      CHECK THE ALL NEW WTM/bart WEBSITE
      with profiles, yodeling, john cage, allen ginsberg, beer mysticism,
      reviews, playlists, fiction, links
      <http://www.bartplantenga.com>

    • Tony Renner
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2007
        {Mandorla Netlabel 011)

        Mandorla Autumn Tunes Net-Collection Vol.2

        1) Maria Castro - Passe Temps Pluie 5:10
        2) The Upside Down-Me - Spoonthumping 2:49
        3) Tone Blues - Live in Kitaroh 070907 8:53
        4) Stefano Tedesco - Opale 5:30
        5) La Doctora Corazon & Urkuma - Campanas de Octubre
        5:38
        6) Ryuta Kawabata - 071006 in Studio Pohasa Take2
        11:17
        7) Anders Dahl & Christian Munthe - Gamma.Delta 17:45
        8) Ernesto Diaz-Infante - En el Otoño de la Vida
        15:04
        9) Noveller - Glittering 3:10
        10) Arthur Henry Fork - Loveless 2:26
        11) Fax - Caldera (Parte I) 4:52
        12) Dennis Moser Vernally Phased 14:06
        13) Learn Artist - Autumn (Live) 5:35
        14) ing - aum 3:13
        15) Hidekazu Wakabayashi - Unseen Sightseers 5:54
        16) Stretchandrelax - Joie du Vent 2:16
        17) Pauline Oliveros featuring Ione - Hidden Forest
        4:49

        Photograhy by Ramon Pous / Layout by Dyan Pritamo

        Compilation by Manrico Montero Calzadiaz

        Mexico City, 2007

        www.mandorla.com.mx

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?