WRECKPOSTPARIS

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2007

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 392/3 [990/1*]: Wreck Post Paris Events
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      22/29 Oktober 2007 // 17.00-19.00

      "The French, though Catholic in the majority, go to the beach rather
      more than they go to church, to wine bars more than to
      confession. There are many other signs of their preference for
      secular over spiritual
      pleasures, or, perhaps, a confusion of the two."
      o Richard Bernstein, Fragile Glory

      Other countries drink to get drunk, and this is accepted by everyone;
      in France, drunkenness is a consequence, never an intention. A drink
      is felt as the spinning out of a pleasure, not as the necessary cause
      of an effect which is sought: wine is not only
      a philtre, it is also the leisurely act of drinking.
      o Roland Barthes

      Good talkers are only found in Paris.
      Francois Villon

      Paris, like every pretty woman, is subject to inexplicable whims of
      beauty and ugliness.
      - Honore de Balzac

      The City's material beauty dazzles them because it is intricate and
      porous, divided into domestic. Manageable zones, always adjusted to
      the human eye, an optical effect of balanced space, horizons secreted
      only by history or by forgotten and therefore forgivable ideologies,
      and because it is an astounding anomaly in the galaxy of the world's
      advanced metropolises. The peasant who happens to arrive from Los
      Angeles or London is not sure whether it is a gigantic joke designed
      to fill him with shame. But then, it is not possible to play at being
      a peasant in other cities. Only Paris is the explosion of the
      nightmare megalopolis incomplete.
      o Lawrence Osborne

      22/392/990
      The Pataphysical Club > Felix Kubin [Big Mag 2 / de Player]
      Audiometric [Montreuil] vs WTM [Amsterdam] > Black Sifichi vs b/art
      Carmen Intermezzo/ Seguedille [Bizet] > North German Philharmonic Orchestra
      Nocturne [Chopin] > Peter Schmalfus
      Paris > Justin Bennett
      Audiometric [Montreuil] vs WTM [Amsterdam] 2 > Black Sifichi vs b/art
      Aviary > Camille Saint Saens
      Audiometric [Montreuil] vs WTM [Amsterdam] 3 > Black Sifichi vs b/art
      Le Poinçonneur de Lilas > Serge Gainsbourg
      L'Accordioniste > Edith Piaf
      You're Lost Little Girl > Doors
      Audiometric [Montreuil] vs WTM [Amsterdam] 4 > Black Sifichi vs b/art
      Trains dans le Banlieu Ouest > Raymond Queneau / Les Poemiens
      Le Pont Mirabeau > Guillaume Apollinaire
      Bambino > Dalida

      29/393/991
      WTM [Paris] vs WTM [Amsterdam] > 1/2 PanouPanou vs b/art
      Wreck > Triatoma [No Opportunity in Standard Experiences]
      The Heroic Chiseling Phase II > Ideal Fire Company [Big Mag 2 / de Player]
      K-os > Triatoma [No Opportunity in Standard Experiences]
      Frost Mohawk > Michel Coté [Juste Claudette]
      Beyond > Triatoma [No Opportunity in Standard Experiences]
      Kampakuta > Sami Koivikko [Salmiakki]
      I Drew a final Breath in the Dream > Maju
      WTM [Paris] vs WTM [Amsterdam] 2 > 1/2 PanouPanou vs b/art
      I'm Your Captain > Grand Funk Railroad
      Bebe Donkey > Antoine Berthiaume vs MaryClare Brzytwa
      Waddenzee Suite / Suite for the Shallows > Willem Breuker Kollektief
      Who is Really > Antoine Berthiaume vs MaryClare Brzytwa
      WTM [Paris] vs WTM [Amsterdam] 2 > 1/2 PanouPanou vs b/art
      Welcome > International Observer [Heard]
      Dub 51 > Dubbelstandart [Immigration Dub]
      Freyburg Place Mat > International Observer [Heard]
      Goboi > Dub Spencer & Trance Hill [Return of the Supercops]
      Audiometric [Montreuil] vs WTM [Amsterdam] 5 > Black Sifichi vs b/art
      Say Man > Bo Diddley
      State and 32nd > Kenneth Rexroth
      Audiometric [Montreuil] vs WTM [Amsterdam] 6 > Black Sifichi vs b/art

      Hors serie

      755 WTM-PARIS vs WTM-AMSTERDAM feat. BART PLANTENGA + BLACK SIFICHI
      12H30/14H30 MARDI 16/10/07 RADIO LIBERTAIRE 89.4 PARIS

      DEF - K.a.r.m [1]
      RANCHO RELAXO ALLSTARS - Wild Strawberry Fried Rice / Contemplative
      Contention / Repulsion / Ein Bier Eine Mark
      ABSTRACT AVENUE - Submarine [2]
      UNIT21 - Lonetrip [2]
      GUILLAUME APOLLINAIRE - Le Pont Mirabeau [3]
      JOHAN VAN KREIJ - Voice Of The Boat [4]
      B/ART - Morosofie 1.1e
      1. Radio Free Clear Light > Black Valley
      2. Importance of 5 > Robert Anton Wilson
      3. n/p 4 > Norscq
      4. Chifres > Proloisirs vs b/art
      5. G1 Tyrolean Radio Station > Conet Project
      6. Magic Number > De La Soul
      7. Perfection > Lisa Kucharski
      RETINA.IT - Zucchine Alla Scapece
      METAMATICS - So Many ways
      THE MARCIA BLAINE SCHOOL FOR GIRLS - Milk And Honey
      ARPANET - Twin Paradox
      B/ART + MC PAL & DJ LOMA - Wreck This Pal 1.10.07
      INTERNATIONAL OBSERVER - Hip Hop's Final
      LAURENT DE WILDE - Eternal Tourist
      RETINA.IT - Apeiron
      dUX - Tu Dois Partir
      B/ART - Morosofie 1.1e
      - The Typewriter > Willem Breuker Kollektief
      - M.O.R.O.S.O.F.I.E. > Proloisirs vs b/art
      - Get Up Dress Go to Work > Shyboy
      - Fulfilling Job > Work Drone
      - Unburied Dead > Night of the Living Dead
      - I Can't Do It > Tape Beatles
      - Snake Oil Symphony > Daniel Steven Crafts
      CYRILL SCHLÄPFER - Kühe und Rinder mit Schellen
      RETINA.IT - T-ufo
      CHARLES MANSON - Wow Man Wow
      BLACK SIFICHI & ELASTIK - This Is Dub Excursion
      TRANSMISSION - Beyond Light [5]
      ROTHKAMM - Forest
      JOHN BERRYMAN - The Lay Of Ike
      CHRIST - Breathe Between Sleep
      dUX - Sinkhole
      APPLEBLIM - Mystical Warrior [6]
      TETAAR (I.T.) - Going Out [7]
      NEGATIVE STENCIL vs SAFALTY - Lita [1]
      RETINA.IT - Uranio
      V/A:
      [1] from RIYAZ MASTER "Machine Readable Data Made In India / part 001"
      [2] from DEEP SEA SHIPPING
      [3] from FUTURISM & DADA REVIEWED
      [4] from HIS MASTER'S NOISE "The Institute Of Sonology"
      [5] from THE ART OF CHILL 4 "Mixed by The Orb"
      [6] from SOUNDBOY PUNISHMENTS
      [7] from IOTONOMICON "Vol. 1"

      ~~~~~~~

      I went to Paris with Paloma during her herfst or autumn break. Just a
      day or 2 prior to departure I laid hands on a copy of Zazie dans le
      Metro, the Louis Malle pic of the Raymond Queaneau book. To prepare
      her for Paris. Mom wasn't allowed to come along. Perfect time to go.
      Less rabble, more colorful leaves, nice temps. Paris seems like a
      fall city. Went by Thalys hi speed trains 110 euro the two of us
      together. Better, cheaper, more comfortable and actually faster than
      by plane.

      We went on a twofold trip - a negotiated deal. We stay with our
      friends in Montry, outside Paris but more importantly close to Disney
      where the wife of one of my best friends works. So some of the most
      painful aspects of going to Disney were taken care of: transport,
      admission and being guided by someone who knows what a 7-yr-old girl
      will like.

      And what a father will tolerate. It is amazing how her face can play
      like a filter through which all my annoyance and misery is siphoned
      out. Like a stocking over a jar and in that jar are just the purest
      emotions of satisfaction - that my daughter was having a good time.
      Fantasy, even here they allow that to live to some extent. It was
      fine. I survived, grumpy old man that I am. Highlight for her was
      probably "it's a small world after all' ride while for me it was
      going to the bathrooms and while praying at a urinal I heard real
      yodeling. Thought of yodeling along but thought better of it lest
      some Disney kook report me as a perv or something.

      The trip also meant a visit to the Radio Libertaire studios where I
      did my ritualistic once every few years collaborative radio show with
      comrade Laurent at Wreck This Mess - Paris and Black Sifichi. Planned
      happenstance always leads to some unforeseen genius mixing. I must
      say that the anarchists have an very nice updated modern tech studio
      that is kept in good working condition and clean as well. More than
      can be said for squat radio here.

      Afterward, the obligatory outside café with coffee and paloma
      drinking hot chocolate. Balmy, sunny and then the bus across town to
      the Eiffel Tower. On the slow bus across Foto Sifichi started taking
      fotos from the same view every time the bus stopped. Paloma taking
      pics of him taking pix. where Paloma went crazy with taking photos
      with her old-fashioned automatic roll film camera and carrying her
      little Disney lion while partaking of everything Eiffel. She bought
      an Eiffel tower purse, [the owner of the store so charmed that she
      was counting out coins from her own little purse that he gave her a 2
      euro discount] found a metal eiffel tower and bought a pink one.
      Under the Eiffel I took pix of her taking pix and Sifichi taking
      fotos of her a kind of gunpoint stand off situ.

      The second day we trained into Montparnasse area where we went to
      visit the Montparnasse cemetery. This is where Serge Gainsbourg lies.
      We also went to visit Jean Seberg, found Philippe Noiret [plays the
      uncle in Zazie] and of course Serge Gainsbourg, one of the most
      decorated graves you will ever see. What I also did was print out bio
      info on all of the heroes whose graves I wanted to see and those I
      thought she might like to visit also small samples of artwork max
      ernst, Delacroix and Ingres and photos of most of the famous dead. I
      also uploaded the ipod with songs by Serge and Piaf, Jim Morrison
      music by Chopin, poems by Queneau, Apollinaire, etc. So at each grave
      I would try to read a bit about the person and then play the sound
      piece for her to hear while at the grave - so picture her with Mickey
      Mouse ears, wild outfit, standing in front of Serge's grave listening
      to some of his reggae numbers dancing. She was utterly fascinated not
      only by this aspect but by the entire aesthetic here. Lots of
      beautiful sculpture and plenty of real and fake flowers. What she
      wanted to know is how someone died, why, how old and why some people
      had lots of flowers and others none. She thought it very sad that
      some had none and there she'd scamper off behind a mausoleum only to
      return with a fist full of pilfered flowers taken from another gave
      to lay them on the grave of someone with none. At the grave of a
      little girl who died before her 6th she stood for a long time
      thinking. We also Beckett's, Joris Invens', Brassai, Brancusi,
      Tristan Tzara, Robert Desnos, Man Ray and Baudelaire. There are
      plenty more we could have seenŠ This she managed to enjoy for over 3
      hours until we got hungry and walked through the Luxembourg Gardens
      and picked up nice ciabatta sandwiches and drinks to eat along the
      rue St Denis.

      From there to the Notre Dame where I had to explain again why peple
      hated jesus enough to kill him. I said he was a peace advocate and
      that that is always a dangerous 'occupation' where the collective
      interests of the state are geared towards conflagration - not in
      those words - more like many men hate a man who wants everyone to be
      at peace and love one another. Then to the Pompidou Centre [which
      amazingly enough was built in late 1970s as a TEMPORARY building,
      which later, because of its success, had to be reinforced to make it
      a permanent structure. Yet another building of vision despised by the
      average citizen that later became an acceptable monument. Here we
      just hung around and bought books and then up to Montmartre where we
      walked around in my old Tati-Pigalle neighborhood. And ate frites
      rode a merrygoround and bought more Eiffel Towers. Amazing: she had
      walked around basically for about 8 hours without a complaint.

      We also went a day to Pere Lachaise on the opening day of the strike
      so this meant on a very dry and balmy day walking all the way in from
      Montreuil where we were staying with Sifichi and Roma. An hour walk
      and then posing at the closed gates of the metro a la Zazie who as
      you may remember comes to paris to visit her uncle and is obsessed
      with the notion of riding on the metro only to find out the metro is
      on strike and from there her frustration bursts out into a madcapped
      adventure.

      We went to Pere Lachaise with Foto Sifichi and there saw the graves
      of Jim Morrison, Piaf, Modigliani, Apollinaire, Balzac, Bizet and Max
      Ernst. And in the colombarium wall, the place where the ashes of
      Leopold fucker who I wrote about while living in Paris, imagining his
      first trip to the US coming through Customs.

      It was good to see Sifichi, a top performer these days in Paris and
      France and beyond with various outfits like Lena, seeing him return
      to his original art passion - photography. He took some 250 photos
      that afternoon, many of them of Paloma but even more of the amazing
      details one finds here in Pere Lachaise. Then we walked to a café
      where we met Laurent, DJ WTM-paris for a nice beery chat about music,
      politics, Sarkozy, and the strike - Paris has already been
      transformed by the new bike rental system [40,000] put in place but
      on a day with a strike the city with all of its bikes in use
      everywhere, it was beginning to look like NL. From there we walked
      around to the Republique area where we had a nice evening with Marie,
      webmistress who helped design my website with roma.

      It was an amazing trip that included putting together a radio show
      with Black Sifichi for his Audiometric broadcast on Aligre FM, with
      MC Pal lending us some of her shout outs and station IDs. And her
      being fascinated by the cavernous atmosphere of his extensive record
      library and studio. Paloma even wanted to sleep there.

      We spent our last 2 days back in the country in Montry and visited a
      local market and were actually able to leave on our scheduled train
      as the strike faded away late SaturdayŠ All in all an inspiring trip
      that combined Disney with lit, music, art and wandering - and lots of
      observations about life and the big cityŠ The city hit by a second
      strike and more riots, which are more difficult to sum up than might
      seem.

      OTHER PATAPOE SHOWS:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop in a seance with reflection WAS on Radio Patapoe on
      Sundays 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o C2000: Whatever Whenever or aka yo momma, electropulp metal, we
      hate hippies, hardcore jumpstylemetal, hiphopmetal,
      punk-industrialmetal and meta-metal Mondays 20.30-22.30

      o Psycehdelicatessen: obscure underground progressivica Sunday 20-24.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen /kid /children /rugrats and other
      visionaries. Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o No8ody: unformated*core, vr/ijly/stile*maz*up*zumbi*drones Saturdays 14-16.

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o H=Bass: Klas-zeike Herrie [classic-sickness noise] Sunday 14-17

      o Gelul met Krul: Bullshitting on the radio with intriguing guests
      Saturday 20-22

      o Stront [Shit]: noise, lo-fi experimenting Wednesday 18-22

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      CHECK THE ALL NEW WTM/bart WEBSITE
      with profiles, yodeling, john cage, allen ginsberg, beer mysticism,
      reviews, playlists, fiction, links
      <http:// www.bartplantenga.com>