Ipecac interview, Arab on Radar article

  • Jason Gross
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      ARAB ON RADAR
      (Not so) Sweet Providence Noise
      "As Arab on Radar aren't your typical band, neither are their
      beginnings. Not only did the band members not know each other, but no
      one had even played in a band before, making their eventual output all
      the more impressive. It all began in 1994, when four of the members
      were applying for jobs at a submarine manufacturing company in
      Connecticut. None of them got the job, but the grueling hiring tests
      left them all as friends. They went out to a bar and at the end of the
      night decided to start a band."

      IPECAC
      "So what do you do when you're the vocalist in one of the great
      alternative acts of the nineties and your band folds? Lesser singers
      may well fade into obscurity, not so Mike Patton. With Faith No More
      out of the way, Mike could concentrate on all the ideas he had been
      storing up, this time by his own rules and completely free of
      discipline. The question was who would release this material? "

      KALAHARI SURFERS
      South African avant-protest
      "Warrick Sony first came to public attention in the early 1980s in
      South Africa as the sole member of the Kalahari Surfers. They release
      5 albums of politically radical music with numerous South African
      session musicians.Many of the albums where released under Chris
      Cutler's Recommended Records in London as it was too political and
      anti-apartheid for South Africa at the time.The musicians where
      credited only by first names in fear of the Apartheid police.The music
      only available to South Africans on import during the 1980s."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if
      you have anything to share. Happy holidays and we'll see you in '08
      (when we'll have our best of '07 music lists!).

      See you online,
      Jason