Wreck MC Pal & DJ Loma

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15 2:13 AM

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 382 [979*]: Wreck MC Pal & DJ Loma
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:

      1 Oktober 2007 // 17.00-19.00

      "I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an
      entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white
      collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we
      hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of
      history, man. No purpose or place. We have no great war. No Great
      Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual warŠ our great Depression is
      our lives. You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in
      the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of
      your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing,
      all-dancing crap of the world. We're designed to be hunters and we're
      in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's
      nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that
      social emasculation this everyman is created.
      o Fight Club
      Automatic Writing > Robert Ashley [1]
      Out in the Rain and Cold > Little Axe [2]
      Five 4 > John Cage [3]
      Automatic Writing > Robert Ashley [1]
      Zoom > Visit Venus [4]
      David Hasseloffalwaffle > V/Vm [5]
      Anglais avec son Sang Froid > Paddy Roberts [5a]
      Home > Visit Venus [4]
      First Man on the Moog > Visit Venus [4]
      Stellarphobia > Visit Venus [4]
      Various Vogel/Birds > Hans A. Traber [6]
      Anonymous Scratched Light Classical > DJ Loma & the ClassMasters [7]
      Various Beat-nicked Intrusions > b/art vs MC Pal [7]
      Lomaulations > MC Pal [7]
      Why Am I Here > Robert Anton Wilson vs b/art [8]
      Dog Pound Yodel > Mike Johnson [9]
      The International Parts I & II > International Observer [10]
      Rejoicing Skank > The Upsetters [11]
      Revolutionary Version Heavenless > Dennis Brown [11]
      Dayton > Little Axe [2]
      Java Dub > Augustus Pablo [11]
      Heavy Manners > Prince Far I [11]
      First Man on Moog > Visit Venus [4]
      Discipline > the Professionals [11]
      Israelites > Desmond Dekker vs Apache [11]
      Middle East Rock > Dillinger [11]
      Pick Up Your Beater > International Observer [10]
      The More We Know Live at BFM > International Observer [10]

      [1] "Automatic Writing" recently re-released on Lovely Music. The
      depths of human emotion extracted like a "time stretch" more than 20
      years ago. Robert Ashley a forerunner. His "Automatic Writing"
      resembles a kind of zeitgeist séance with dream-like patches of text
      barely audible wafting in and out like audio-hallucinations while
      wandering from room to room in a barely furnished house or a city
      that seems to have died.

      [2] "The House that Wolf Built" on Wired 1994. I remember this as WAY
      better than it now sounds. I played it to death on my WFMU show at
      the time. Several trax DO hold up, however.

      [3] JC fooling around with our brains. Is some of his material meant
      to be exposed as a ruse as if he is sometimes saying - you bin pimped
      baby [Candid Camera for the attitudinally enhanced].

      [4] "Music for Space Tourism, Vol. 1". 1995. German Visit Venus is a
      duo that produces chill beats and eminently cozy jazzy electronica.
      There are also humorous-kitschy-post-mod excavations of denigrated
      genres like jazz rock and the spacey jazz of Weather Report.

      [5] V/Vm-related material of dumpster-jumping in the pop garbage bin
      area down a dead end alley. Vengeful irony never sounded so sharp.
      David H. becomes a crumbling hologram.

      [5a] Brilliant! Thanx BS! Here are the lyrics from a real Englishman.
      It's an English disease?
      "Oh the Englishman is noted for his 'sang froid'
      Which translated means his usual bloody cold
      And he loves his pipe and slippers and the missus and the nippers
      And he's happy simply growing old
      And he never says a word if he can help it
      That's why people say he's always full of phlegm
      He's quite unmoved by atom bombs and rockets to the sun
      He never speaks to strangers for it simply isn't done
      But when cricket starts his fury's uncontrolled
      The Englishman with his usual bloody cold

      Oh the Englishman could not be called romantic
      His technique is not particularly good
      Oh the French and the Italians chase their women round like stallions
      But the Englishman's a suet pud
      And the slightest demonstration of affection
      He regards as being rather infradig
      He says the way the French behave is absolutely nuts
      He'd like to try it really but he hasn't got the guts
      He's scared to death the neighbours might be told
      The Englishman with his usual bloody cold

      Oh! The Englishman has lot of little foibles
      And some of them are really past belief
      For he's still of the opinion that the folk in each dominion all regard
      him as the big white chief
      But in spite of all of his curious delusions
      Underneath it all he has a heart of gold
      And when the Armageddon comes
      And all the world is dust
      And men will come to judgement as we know they surely must
      He'll be there with his umbrella neatly rolled
      The Englishman and his usual bloody cold
      The Englishman and his usual bloody cold

      [6] "Listen to the Birds" on Europese Fonoclub - Amsterdam. Bird song
      field recordings.

      [7] Daughter MC Pal and her shadow döppelganger DJ Loma wreak havoc
      in the studio.

      [8] RAW RIP.

      [9] "Yodeling 40 years" on Roughshod
      <http://hometown.aol.com/blackyodelno1/>. Amazingly uncomfortably
      accurate rendering of a dog yodeling. The human spirit is a strange
      and fantastic place. From the BIG MAG article I wrote on MJ: I have
      another soft spot for DIY people. People outside of the corridors and
      pig sties of power who must try to connive their own way and their
      own luck. People who believe in their message, their selves, their
      art, their efforts enough to do it oneself. I fashioned myself a bit
      of that type when in the 1970s I began producing
      weird-xerox-literary-punk-poetry-collage zines. I was a late-night
      cabby [taxi driver] and handed my poems out one at a time to whores,
      professors, drunks, old ladies, confessing insomniacs, beautiful
      women with disheveled hair all to earn a smile, a phone number,
      compliment or extra tip.

      [10] "Heard" on International Observer. One of the best new dub
      records of 2007.

      [11] Ben suggested we go into this strange antique / junk store on
      the Overtoom, a busy Amsterdam street. This unassuming store with its
      charming antique dressers in the windows, quickly became an
      incredible treasure chest. As I was browsing through the CDs, I
      noticed 3 boxes filled with white sleeve 45s. Investigated further
      and lo and behold, a treasure chest of old original Jamaican reggae
      45s [labels such as Studio 1, Education, Upsetter, Impact!, Clan
      Disc, Sunshot, Joe Gibbs, High Note] in very good condition and for a
      very good price.

      o There is a new news site dedicated to good news of which there is
      plenty although the power brokers certainly try their best to take
      care of that. Dutch news/press agencies are working along with this
      site. The site points out that according to British research the
      ratio of bad to good news in Brit papers in 1970 was 3 to 1; by 2001
      it was 18 to 1. Another interesting myth is that life has gotten more
      dangerous [this probably has to do with instant info access via 24-hr
      news and the internet] even tho most of the west has seen declines in
      major crimes [in very general]. That is because the news media tends
      to pay increased attention to certain kinds of violence and dramatic
      catastrophe. I guess I just don't trust doomsdayers who live so
      comfortably with their [mis]perceptions of increased crime/danger
      especially when it is all based on feelings, feelings fed to them by
      media which have a vested [conflicting] interest in arousing
      angst-related consumption of distraction or in the investment of MORE
      repressive laws that will only benefit the already landed class.

      o BTW: koosjer is Dutch for kosher. Mokum is the informal [and
      yiddish] word for Amsterdam. Mazzel is a common greeting here. 44% of
      Amsterdammers were born in Amsterdam. With 171 nationalities
      represented, this city of 760,000 now leads the world in
      international representation.

      Questions I don't see asked:
      o Why don't car mfrs. make the side windows of cars out of the same
      flexible glass as the front windshield? It gives but doesn't shatter.
      This would certainly minimize the number of break ins, no?
      o Why do American politicians [male/female] have such bad hair, hair
      that usually leads one to conclude that you cannot trust this person.
      Cardboard cuts that only the evangelical right can top for its
      stiffness Š
      o Why has no one asked in the case Hirsi Ali, ex-Dutch politician,
      who is asking that bodyguard protection continue be extended to her
      by the Dutch gov't overseas: why she is being treated the way she is
      by some. She is an interesting case, a riddle of signs and loyalties,
      of heroism and dubious pr activities. She is the black African
      refugee who rose to political power first in the new labour-sih PVDA
      party, later in the Darwin-capitalist party that fits somewhere
      between the US Dems and Reptiles. She is FOR the liberation of
      oppressed women and that is her big issue, pursuing cultures where
      male dominance is a given and the wearing of veils and ritual female
      circumcision accepted practices. She was the co-writer of the movie
      SUBMISSION, with Theo van Gogh who was knifed to death for his/their
      criticism of Islam. She has suffered immensely in her life and her
      life has been threatened many times since the death of Van Gogh. At
      some receiving intense round-the-clock bodyguards. Eventually she
      left politics after her party mate and immigration minister Verdonk
      [just to the left of an SS She-Wolf] questioned her integrity when
      applying for refugee status in NL. Shortly thereafter she left her
      senatorial position and took a research position at the dubious think
      tank, the rightwing Heritage Foundation, where she instantly became a
      cause celebre, a young, pretty, articulate, right wing African woman
      who espoused hardline tactics against religions other than
      Christianity. Hmm, this makes her gestures somewhat suspect and I
      gather that her petulant departure plus her association with this
      thinktank have as much to do with strong Dutch reactions of emphatic
      indifference to her continued plight Š But this notion I have never
      seen in any news reports dealing with her. Anyway, I would extend her
      body guard rights beyond the NL borders into AmericaŠ
      o Why are car engines still basically the same as they were over 100
      years ago = gasoline, pistons, driveshaftŠ?
      o What happens to all those Swiss Army Knives and blades of
      negligible length that security forces in airports confiscate from
      travellers? They destroy them is what I heard. Yeah, right. I am sure
      they do NOT. Likely sold or given to cousins and nephews as gifts no
      o why are there so many different numeric descriptions for AA batteries
      o why is our us vs them [tribal] instinct still so strong [see riots
      in whatever city, see caste system, see football riots most recently
      in Rome]? Why is it so easily manipulatable / fluid / negotiable?
      Because people are hypocrites or pragmatists orŠ [for instance: your
      in a town where you hate people from the other hi school or the other
      neighborhood. When you are on vacation you meet someone from the 2
      hated places and you are suddenly bonding because you are from the
      same region but hate [or are at least suspicious of] strangers/people
      from other states/provinces or regions. in the country next to yours
      you meet people from the region and you bond with them especially in
      alliance with people from that neighboring country. You go further,
      overseas say, and you meet someone from that maligned neighboring
      country and you are instantly friends and can relate because of your
      alienation toward those you are now encountering and soon you are at
      black/white, catholic/whatever, human/animal, earth/universeŠ
      o what happened to the paperless society?
      o what ever happened to the wireless society - less cables. Yikes,
      recent renovations revealed an amazing Brazil-like [rhizomal and
      twisting, knotted, tangled network of cables going every which way].
      o why are gypsies still so despised? [Yes, there are some bad eggs
      and annoying types begging, harassing, and whatever, but compared to
      real estate brokers, money lenders, mortgage subprime sleaze,
      cemetery plot repsŠ]. It's not like they are a nomadic tribe or
      community or anything. Will Gypsy-beats culture bring any change to
      almost worldwide pariah status of the gypsy/roma?

      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop is one of the most eccentric and stimulating radio
      shows anywhere. Sartre, DeSade, Doo Wop and music from the gonads.
      Now on Radio Patapoe on Sunday 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o Solus: Minimal electro techno acid french hiphop / Thursdays 22.00
      o Super Nova is a big potpourri of sounds influences and information
      both local and elsewhere. Can you picture a sound? On Sundays

      o Wildcat Radio: Anarchist organization presents radio as it should
      be - in your ear. Saturdays 18.00-20.00.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen /kid /children /rugrats and other
      visionaries. Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o POLYPHAKE PLAPPERLAPAPP: "polyphone audioerosion featuring
      occasional beatweirdniks in an plaperlappap assemblage hosted by
      F.Fiasko 22:30-?? Wednesdays

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      o Check out NEW excerpts from my erotic-dérive novel: Paris Sex Tete
      on Parisiana <http://www.parisiana.com/>